Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus mk2 with mk3 rs wheels.

MadeByAlex.

Hi I'm getting new alloys for my focus mk2 pre facelift. I'm lowering it 40mm with Eibach pro kit springs and getting 18 inch wheels. Although I like the mk2 st alloys I don't wanna be a sheep and look like every other focus. Has anyone any idea how the mk3 rs alloys would look ?? Any pics??? Or even other suggestions, I'll post the alloys in talking about below. Thanks 

Screenshot_20171017-211517.png

The original Focus MK3 RS wheels are 19 Inch and not 18 Inch. Ford does not make these wheels in 18 Inch. If these wheels are offered in 18 Inch they are replicas and not OEM Ford wheels. in my opinion there is nothing wrong with replicas as long as they are good quality and produced by a reputable manufacturer. Unfortunately many replicas are produced in China or Italy and are not nearly as good as the original Ford wheels.

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

The original Focus MK3 RS wheels are 19 Inch and not 18 Inch. Ford does not make these wheels in 18 Inch. If these wheels are offered in 18 Inch they are replicas and not OEM Ford wheels. in my opinion there is nothing wrong with replicas as long as they are good quality and produced by a reputable manufacturer. Unfortunately many replicas are produced in China or Italy and are not nearly as good as the original Ford wheels.

Ok thanks for the reply. Didnt stress that they're reps because i didnt think it mattered. they come with warranty so that sold me. Just hard to decide which ones I want. Never seen a mk2 with mk3 rs wheels so was wondering does anyone have any pictures. Don't really wanna drive to Sligo from Dublin just to see what they will look like on my car. There's two wheel options I'm stuck between. The RS and these.. 

Screenshot_20171018-092939.png

I know it's not what you're looking for but this is my Mark 2.5 with RS replica wheels, these are 18 inch wheels and not 19s as the genuine ones are.

IMG_20170813_113625.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, wilto said:

I know it's not what you're looking for but this is my Mark 2.5 with RS replica wheels, these are 18 inch wheels and not 19s as the genuine ones are.

IMG_20170813_113625.jpg

Thanks for the post wilto, I would love a facelift mk2!! But I also love my pre facelift and can't part with it. Looks sweet! Is that on standard springs??

8 hours ago, MadeByAlex. said:

Thanks for the post wilto, I would love a facelift mk2!! But I also love my pre facelift and can't part with it. Looks sweet! Is that on standard springs??

Couldn't tell you mate, all I know is their black in colour, and were on the car when I bought it, as were the wheels.

Yeah id say their possibly the lowering springs I'm chasing, the Eibach pro kit lowering springs are black in colour. Looks sweet!

Just me 2 peneth on Ford OEM wheels.  My experience with "Ford" alloys is they're actually rather "soft", prone to buckling easily (look at the many reported cases of badly buckled Fiesta wheels over the the years, sometimes all FOUR wheels on the same car?!?) and really not worth paying full whack for....Obviously Ford aren't the only company too have suffered with this, BMW have had their fair share of issues with cracked alloy wheels.

Seeing as genuine Ford alloys are often more expensive than good brand OE wheels, I'd personally look towards a good quality OE wheel, although I get that lots of people like the "factory" look which is obviously difficult to get with OE wheels such as BBS.

Ultimately it's each to their own choice, oh and by the way I think both sets of alloys look nice, especially the gun metal RS style wheels :wub:

• Thanks 1

On 23/10/2017 at 11:23 AM, 1979Damian said:

Just me 2 peneth on Ford OEM wheels.  My experience with "Ford" alloys is they're actually rather "soft", prone to buckling easily (look at the many reported cases of badly buckled Fiesta wheels over the the years, sometimes all FOUR wheels on the same car?!?) and really not worth paying full whack for....Obviously Ford aren't the only company too have suffered with this, BMW have had their fair share of issues with cracked alloy wheels.

Seeing as genuine Ford alloys are often more expensive than good brand OE wheels, I'd personally look towards a good quality OE wheel, although I get that lots of people like the "factory" look which is obviously difficult to get with OE wheels such as BBS.

Ultimately it's each to their own choice, oh and by the way I think both sets of alloys look nice, especially the gun metal RS style wheels :wub:

Yeah I've suffered with one or two cracked focus wheels in the past, the wheels from fk are a decent quality. I like the rs style because there isn't much room between the spokes like the other one so you won't see the tiny disks and callipers on the front and the hideous drums on the back lol

Just now, MadeByAlex. said:

Yeah I've suffered with one or two cracked focus wheels in the past, the wheels from fk are a decent quality. I like the rs style because there isn't much room between the spokes like the other one so you won't see the tiny disks and callipers on the front and the hideous drums on the back lol

I still find it hard to believe that Ford are so tight that in 2017 they still fit drums to brand new cars! :wallbash:

Ford as a manufacturer can not be blamed for the fact that the Focus MK3/MK3.5 does still have drum brakes in the UK. 

The option and hardware configurations of the Focus MK3/MK3.5 are different for most markets. This also includes the rear brakes. Most European countries have rear disc brakes as standard on all engine types of the Focus MK3/MK3.5. The option and hardware configuration are defined by the representative for a particular country. For some reason (probably to reduce costs) Ford UK has decided to install drum brakes on some versions of the Focus MK3/MK3.5.

I have a 125 HP 1.0 ECOboost hatchback which was built for the German market. All German versions of the Focus MK3/MK3.5 do have rear disc brakes as standard. Same applies for all versions sold in The Netherlands.

3 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Ford as a manufacturer can not be blamed for the fact that the Focus MK3/MK3.5 does still have drum brakes in the UK. 

The option and hardware configurations of the Focus MK3/MK3.5 are different for most markets. This also includes the rear brakes. Most European countries have rear disc brakes as standard on all engine types of the Focus MK3/MK3.5. The option and hardware configuration are defined by the representative for a particular country. For some reason (probably to reduce costs) Ford UK has decided to install drum brakes on some versions of the Focus MK3/MK3.5.

I have a 125 HP 1.0 ECOboost hatchback which was built for the German market. All German versions of the Focus MK3/MK3.5 do have rear disc brakes as standard. Same applies for all versions sold in The Netherlands.

So it's Ford UK who's to blame rather than Ford the parent group?  Either way it's crap, it's not even like Ford are a cheap option anymore!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club