• Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

The time has come for me to have a crack at changing the diesel filter on my 2014 mk3 1.6tdci, I've  been reading up on the procedure and it looks simple enough(I've heard these engines can be a nightmare to get started after a filter change) so I  have decided to invest in a priming hand pump. (would 10mm be ok? 

I've been looking at filers to order and eurocarparts list it as a filter insert 

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.6_2014/p/car-parts/filters/engine-parts/fuel-filters/?503590489&1&f0938289dcb6f23bb1d449867b862dede2f51c62&000140

But when  I've  been looking on eBay I have come across ones with a full housing on them. 

Here's a pic of my engine, if someone could point me In the right direction that would be brill :) 

IMG_20171016_163415.jpg

You don’t need to buy the one with the housing just buy the filter . It’s easy enough to change the filter but like you said a pig to get started . 

I went in blind and couldn’t start mine , had to get a friend mechanic who had a priming pump. 

5 hours ago, drsdriver said:

You don’t need to buy the one with the housing just buy the filter . It’s easy enough to change the filter but like you said a pig to get started . 

I went in blind and couldn’t start mine , had to get a friend mechanic who had a priming pump. 

I have been putting it off tbh it was Last done 30,000 miles ago at the Ford dealer,

I'll be starting this first thing on a morning to give me plenty of time :wacko: :biggrin: