Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saying a fond farewell to the Fiesta on Friday..

Yokomoko

After 5 years of owning 2 of the new (old?) Fiestas, I bid a fond farewell to the 3 cylinder thrum. Having test driven the new-shape Fiesta I decided that the addition of the 6th gear (the car just felt too small moving into 6th! Elbows couldn't take it!) and the potential 3-month delay on new cars with the 140 engine, I've decided to go for a 2016 Focus ST-Line 1.5L 150PS instead, opting for the bigger space and marginally more power. Seriously considered an ST but for the ~6-8k miles I do a year I couldn't justify the costs. 

Thanks for your help over the years helping me decide the specs of my Fiestas, mechanically they've been a tank, not so much regarding the bodywork, of which the same issues appear to be there in the mk8 Fiesta :( 

Still unsure of my new cars colour (Iceburg Blue) but it has a ton of tech for a price I couldn't find anywhere else. Hoping I don't get the horriblely common rattle issue with the engine..

Specs include:

Blindspot Detection

Park Assist (So cool!)

Sat Nav / DAB

Front / Rear Parking Sensors

Rear Parking Camera

Rear Privacy Glass

Auto folding mirrors

Keyless Start (Never understood why they'd do keyless start without keyless entry, seems pointless but there you go!)

Adaptive Cruise Control

Active City Stop

Lane Assist (keeps you in your lane? What do I actually need to do?)

Pick it up Friday :D Only thing I'm missing is the EATC that I've been used to with the past 2 Fiestas..

focus.png

• Like 2

I kind of like the blue. People might first mistake it for an RS. Am surprised with the amount of tech you get on new cars nowadays. My mk6 fiesta I'd say I'm lucky to find as it has so many optional extras. Kind of not like manufacturers having a lot of optional extras as you would get a variety of cars with little or loads of specs

Yeah that what keeps me with Ford - the tech. Apparently this was a 'Ford Direct' car (Staff owned cheap). So they can sell it cheaper (Confirmed by my local Ford Dealer who I've dealt with before) and they normally tick all of the options which is what they appear to have done with this one. Cannot find a similar specced Focus for anywhere near the price so very happy. 

Coulda easily gone with another car maker but there is nothing out there with the same kind of spec for the same kind of price.. VW are the only ones that come close enough really and are still quite far off.

EDIT: Also yeah the colour grew on me alot, looks a little different in person than in the pics, and it is one of the most expensive paints! 

lane assist does feel strange when it works. its difficult to force it to work on purpose. just drive the car while your tired and it will assist(i dont recomend driving while tired!!!)

I like that colour a lot, looks like a very nice car, enjoy :)