Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 2007/08 Auto HELP TO BUY

kiehugh

Morning all,  I am in need of a little bit of help and direction.  This is the first second hand car that I have ever had to buy.

I am currently looking at a 2007 or 07 1.6 Petrol Focus.  I am currently looking at a Titanium (12k pa) with higher mileage or a Style ( with much lower 7k pa).

Looking for some advice on what to look out for on these, common faults, issues, big servicing jobs that should have been done or up coming up the road.

Any help is greatly appreciated

2008 is the crossover to the facelift model so if you're after better looks that might be the one to choose, but they do cost a bit more.

Titanium is much better specced than the Style so if you want spec go for the Titanium.  It should also hold a bit more value when you sell.  If you don't want spec, the Style should be cheaper.

It's age that's starting to cause more issues than mileage now, depending on where they've been kept and driven etc so I wouldn't choose one just based on mileage.  Worn suspension bushes and rusty sills are the main things to look out for with the mk2 Focus.  I don't know of any particular issues with the 1.6 petrol or auto gearbox but I don't have any personal experience of those.

Does the 'Style' have a quickclear windscreen, I would have thought not unless it was specified by the original buyer as a paid for extra, but I might be wrong. Some people love quickclear windscreens and something people are not bothered. But it would take a lot to persuade me to have one without a quickclear windscreen.

• Like 1

2007/2008 focus ‘should’ve’ had the timing belt done (8 years or 100,000 miles whichever comes sooner)

On 21/10/2017 at 8:33 PM, Devonboy said:

Breakdown cover is a necessity.

LOL

Hi. I've got 10 plate Titanium with the old 1.6 engine without VVT, with the, also old fashioned, torque converter 4 speed auto box. Both are supposed to be reasonably reliable. I have a theory that engines stuck to auto boxes are less likely to be overworked or thrashed as the auto won't let it happen! Anyway, only my pet theory...

I've had it 18 months now and had no trouble with it at all, and only had to buy tyres for it in the time I've had it - other than service items and MOT.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club