Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Aaron8266

What CAT converter?

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

i have a 1.8 zetec focus 98 plate. I need a new cat converter and front lambda sensor. While looking for the cheapest cat converter on the net i have noticed there are 2 exactly the same just one is for 98-01 and the other is 98-04. The 98-01 is half the price to the 98-04. Why is this? I read something about type approved but not sure what this means.

Can anyone help?

Hi guys,

i have a 1.8 zetec focus 98 plate. I need a new cat converter and front lambda sensor. While looking for the cheapest cat converter on the net i have noticed there are 2 exactly the same just one is for 98-01 and the other is 98-04. The 98-01 is half the price to the 98-04. Why is this? I read something about type approved but not sure what this means.

Can anyone help?

vehicles registered from the 1st of march 2001 MUST have a type approved cat fitted.

if its because one is type approved and the other is not, i would take the cheaper one providing they are the same fitment.