Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Flap alignment Focus 3.5

avi

Any idea if it's possible to adjust the alignment of the fuel flap on a MK3.5 and if so how ?

The flat appears to be painted plastic and it sticks out proud for the body in the bottom corner rather than being flush.

Not sure how to do but If it's a new car get it done under warranty 

1 hour ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Not sure how to do but If it's a new car get it done under warranty 

Cheers.

Yes it's under warranty, but I just wondered if there was a simple way to adjust it rather than having to visit a dealer, which is a PITA.

Is it seated onto the hinge part correctly?
If not you should be able to unclip it and refit flush to the bracket.
Another thought, as the flap is plastic has it got warped somehow?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Is it seated onto the hinge part correctly?
If not you should be able to unclip it and refit flush to the bracket.
Another thought, as the flap is plastic has it got warped somehow?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It appears connected to the hinge correctly and as far as I tell there's no damage or warping to the  flap.

It just looks like the rear bottom corner doesn't go far enough in and sits about 0.5cm proud.  Given it appears to be plastic I'm not sure it could be bent in.

I think they are all like this on the mk3.5. However they changed the rear bumper means it doesn't quite sit as flush as on the mk3.

On 22/10/2017 at 11:34 AM, avi said:

It appears connected to the hinge correctly and as far as I tell there's no damage or warping to the  flap.

It just looks like the rear bottom corner doesn't go far enough in and sits about 0.5cm proud.  Given it appears to be plastic I'm not sure it could be bent in.

If you "fiddle" with anything and later need to make a warranty claim in relation the filler flap, if Ford in your country and anything like Ford UK they'll use it as a reason to deny the claim.  As stated about there isn't really much you can adjust, other than checking it's sat in the hinges correctly.

I think you're going to have to go to a dealer, I'm sure I recall at least 1 post on here where someone had the same issue and Ford fitted a replacement flap which resolved the issue.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club