Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford ST Line front grill badge

JDT

Hi guys,

Brand new to the forums and to the moding culture as well. I’m due to pick up my Focus ST Line next Thursday and have been looking st various minor mods I could make to start off and I’ve noticed a topic popping up more frequently in various forums; the lack of grill bagde for the ST Line models.

Im a senior graphic designer, worked for companies both large and small so I have a good idea on how I can replicate the branding used on the wing badges and have it manufactured as a bolt on badge through the grill. It wouldn’t look like the wing badge has just been put on the front. The ST logo itself, the line and the word “Line” will be laser cut (will cleverly join them all into one so it’s cheaper to cut). 

I’m just wondering if it’s something people  would be interested in? Not got figures or anything like that as of yet but I’m just wondering if it’s worth trying and giving ST Line owners something they can use?

I’m interested in seeing the response.

thanks guys!

• Like 1

Hi guys,
Brand new to the forums and to the moding culture as well. I’m due to pick up my Focus ST Line next Thursday and have been looking st various minor mods I could make to start off and I’ve noticed a topic popping up more frequently in various forums; the lack of grill bagde for the ST Line models.
Im a senior graphic designer, worked for companies both large and small so I have a good idea on how I can replicate the branding used on the wing badges and have it manufactured as a bolt on badge through the grill. It wouldn’t look like the wing badge has just been put on the front. The ST logo itself, the line and the word “Line” will be laser cut (will cleverly join them all into one so it’s cheaper to cut). 
I’m just wondering if it’s something people  would be interested in? Not got figures or anything like that as of yet but I’m just wondering if it’s worth trying and giving ST Line owners something they can use?
I’m interested in seeing the response.
thanks guys!
Do one as a sample & put a pic of it on here , i'm sure it will generate interests.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I’d be interested but if you could do a 1 off then we can see what it looks like. 

What engine have you gone for on the ST Line ? 

I have had replica STline badges made for my MK2.5 as I didn't like the Zetec S badging, and preferred Ford's new STline branding as I think the car looks more like an ST than a normal Zetec.

I was myself thinking of making a small rectangular plate with a threaded bar welded onto it so I could stick the spare badge to it. 

I would definitely be interested in something if you come up with it.

7 hours ago, drsdriver said:

I’d be interested but if you could do a 1 off then we can see what it looks like. 

What engine have you gone for on the ST Line ? 

I’ve managed to get the 1.5 eco sport before they shift it over to automatic at the end of the month. Moving up from a detective S fiesta as we’re planning on having kids.

anyway. I’ll try and get a sample done in the coming weeks but will mock one up and post her tomorrow or Monday and see how it looks!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wilto said:

I have had replica STline badges made for my MK2.5 as I didn't like the Zetec S badging, and preferred Ford's new STline branding as I think the car looks more like an ST than a normal Zetec.

I was myself thinking of making a small rectangular plate with a threaded bar welded onto it so I could stick the spare badge to it. 

I would definitely be interested in something if you come up with it.

That’s pretty much what I’m thinking, flat plate then the lettering will be laser cut and stuck to it. I was going to do it with the same badge that’s on the wing but I just don’t think it’ll look right. Will see how a mock-up looks and post here in the coming days :)

10 hours ago, JDT said:

I’ve managed to get the 1.5 eco sport before they shift it over to automatic at the end of the month.

Are they doing away with the manual then ? 

6 hours ago, drsdriver said:

Are they doing away with the manual then ? 

So I’ve heard in passing. They’re running production with the 1.0 eco sport engine only now. Cracking little engine but I’m glad I got 1.5

Oh that’s a shame, thought with having the ST line badge they would support the higher performance engines. 

On 22/10/2017 at 11:11 AM, JDT said:

That’s pretty much what I’m thinking, flat plate then the lettering will be laser cut and stuck to it. I was going to do it with the same badge that’s on the wing but I just don’t think it’ll look right. Will see how a mock-up looks and post here in the coming days :)

Look forward to seeing the prototype 😀

22 hours ago, drsdriver said:

Oh that’s a shame, thought with having the ST line badge they would support the higher performance engines. 

Don’t quote me on this as I only heard through the sales guys but it’s something to do with the speed of production. They can’t keep up with the demand of the 1.5 so they’re dropping it for now until the new model is launched next year. But then from a separate sales person I heard that it wasn’t widely known why they were dropping it. I was one of the last out of the plant with the 1.5 locally. Such a shame as you said mate.

7 hours ago, wilto said:

Look forward to seeing the prototype 😀

Been a crazy busy day but will jump on it tomorrow and quickly get a nice mock-up together for you guys. 

I think it could come out quite nice if done properly

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, any news about your project? 

• 1 year later...

Wow, it must be the slowest machine in the world, 16 months later and still not finished!😂

• Haha 2

Ok guys i ve got news. there is a guy in italy that  makes them. I got one fitted already. Am i allowed to post his profile here? 

IMG_20180626_145248.jpg

• Like 1

I'd also be interested to see what it would look like. The Italian one posted above isn't for me, the ST badge is normal size with the line quite small tucked in to the right. I don't want to be seen as trying to replicate the ST - I'm happy with my ST Line! 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 9:10 AM, WES180 said:

Wow, it must be the slowest machine in the world, 16 months later and still not finished!😂

OMG just looked at his profile, joined October 21st 2017, last visited October 30th 2017, obviously didn't like us much 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, wilto said:

OMG just looked at his profile, joined October 21st 2017, last visited October 30th 2017, obviously didn't like us much 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I bet he didnt even buy an ST Line, just part of his failed sales pitch, well, I say failed, there were 4 people 'Interested'!😋

Joking aside I do actually take my hat off to the people out there that have the initiative and drive to get up off the settee after work and come up with these ideas and then follow through to production and distribution, I know I haven't got the know how to do it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Yes, the 'Line' bit!😂

Oh yeh, that changes the whole stance of the car, silly me... LOL 😀

badge.jpg.42ccdf8412d2ccd933789b9c596f8f4f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...