• Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts


JDT

Ford ST Line front grill badge

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

Brand new to the forums and to the moding culture as well. I’m due to pick up my Focus ST Line next Thursday and have been looking st various minor mods I could make to start off and I’ve noticed a topic popping up more frequently in various forums; the lack of grill bagde for the ST Line models.

Im a senior graphic designer, worked for companies both large and small so I have a good idea on how I can replicate the branding used on the wing badges and have it manufactured as a bolt on badge through the grill. It wouldn’t look like the wing badge has just been put on the front. The ST logo itself, the line and the word “Line” will be laser cut (will cleverly join them all into one so it’s cheaper to cut). 

I’m just wondering if it’s something people  would be interested in? Not got figures or anything like that as of yet but I’m just wondering if it’s worth trying and giving ST Line owners something they can use?

I’m interested in seeing the response.

thanks guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hi guys,
Brand new to the forums and to the moding culture as well. I’m due to pick up my Focus ST Line next Thursday and have been looking st various minor mods I could make to start off and I’ve noticed a topic popping up more frequently in various forums; the lack of grill bagde for the ST Line models.
Im a senior graphic designer, worked for companies both large and small so I have a good idea on how I can replicate the branding used on the wing badges and have it manufactured as a bolt on badge through the grill. It wouldn’t look like the wing badge has just been put on the front. The ST logo itself, the line and the word “Line” will be laser cut (will cleverly join them all into one so it’s cheaper to cut). 
I’m just wondering if it’s something people  would be interested in? Not got figures or anything like that as of yet but I’m just wondering if it’s worth trying and giving ST Line owners something they can use?
I’m interested in seeing the response.
thanks guys!
Do one as a sample & put a pic of it on here , i'm sure it will generate interests.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be interested but if you could do a 1 off then we can see what it looks like. 

What engine have you gone for on the ST Line ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had replica STline badges made for my MK2.5 as I didn't like the Zetec S badging, and preferred Ford's new STline branding as I think the car looks more like an ST than a normal Zetec.

I was myself thinking of making a small rectangular plate with a threaded bar welded onto it so I could stick the spare badge to it. 

I would definitely be interested in something if you come up with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, drsdriver said:

I’d be interested but if you could do a 1 off then we can see what it looks like. 

What engine have you gone for on the ST Line ? 

I’ve managed to get the 1.5 eco sport before they shift it over to automatic at the end of the month. Moving up from a detective S fiesta as we’re planning on having kids.

anyway. I’ll try and get a sample done in the coming weeks but will mock one up and post her tomorrow or Monday and see how it looks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, wilto said:

I have had replica STline badges made for my MK2.5 as I didn't like the Zetec S badging, and preferred Ford's new STline branding as I think the car looks more like an ST than a normal Zetec.

I was myself thinking of making a small rectangular plate with a threaded bar welded onto it so I could stick the spare badge to it. 

I would definitely be interested in something if you come up with it.

That’s pretty much what I’m thinking, flat plate then the lettering will be laser cut and stuck to it. I was going to do it with the same badge that’s on the wing but I just don’t think it’ll look right. Will see how a mock-up looks and post here in the coming days :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JDT said:

I’ve managed to get the 1.5 eco sport before they shift it over to automatic at the end of the month.

Are they doing away with the manual then ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, drsdriver said:

Are they doing away with the manual then ? 

So I’ve heard in passing. They’re running production with the 1.0 eco sport engine only now. Cracking little engine but I’m glad I got 1.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh that’s a shame, thought with having the ST line badge they would support the higher performance engines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 22/10/2017 at 11:11 AM, JDT said:

That’s pretty much what I’m thinking, flat plate then the lettering will be laser cut and stuck to it. I was going to do it with the same badge that’s on the wing but I just don’t think it’ll look right. Will see how a mock-up looks and post here in the coming days :)

Look forward to seeing the prototype 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, drsdriver said:

Oh that’s a shame, thought with having the ST line badge they would support the higher performance engines. 

Don’t quote me on this as I only heard through the sales guys but it’s something to do with the speed of production. They can’t keep up with the demand of the 1.5 so they’re dropping it for now until the new model is launched next year. But then from a separate sales person I heard that it wasn’t widely known why they were dropping it. I was one of the last out of the plant with the 1.5 locally. Such a shame as you said mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wilto said:

Look forward to seeing the prototype 😀

Been a crazy busy day but will jump on it tomorrow and quickly get a nice mock-up together for you guys. 

I think it could come out quite nice if done properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now