Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over filled my oil on my Fiesta!!

Lovemyfester

Hi all I have a 2006 Fiesta 1.25 durotec engine, and I noticed the oil was very low so I thought Il stick a bit in, well I did it cold, and after diping it seemed spot on the top line if the stick well pleased I dropped the bonnet and carried on with life (got married)  anywho that was two weeks ago,  I thought Il check it out just to make sure it was all still good in there yesterday,  and it over the top line on the stick,not sure if the drive was a little slopy...or what but it's highter then the top knoch allso on the bendy bit just under when cold just up to it warm see pictures... Is it safe, or should I go and get it drained out! Bit worried!  

DSC_0874.JPG

Are you positive the car is on level ground when you check the oil level and I’m assuming you’ve wiped the dipstick dry then dipped it again?

Overfilling can be just as bad as too low an oil level, personally I’d leave it (but that’s just me) but if you wanted piece of mind you could easily slacken the sump plug a bit and let some oil drain out into a container then nip the plug back up and check the level again.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I thought about leaving it as I don't do big miles so hopefully in time it will burn off, it's not running that bad!! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club