• Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience


jace1969

Where is your dash cam located.

Recommended Posts

I have a fiesta and just seeing where you have located your front dash cam,either side of the plastic mirror cover picks the cover up even high up on the mesh type stuff.

I can put it low under the cover but in the middle of the window low down.

Any pictures would be great but i have the long plastic mirror cover (pre-facelift)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I have a fiesta and just seeing where you have located your front dash cam,either side of the plastic mirror cover picks the cover up even high up on the mesh type stuff.
I can put it low under the cover but in the middle of the window low down.
Any pictures would be great but i have the long plastic mirror cover (pre-facelift)
 
Iv got a next Base 112 and my mount is located behind my rear view mirror on the passenger side The Wire I have wrapped around the first part of my sun visor run it under the sun visor and then the plastic cover on the side of the windscreen then down side of the Dash and under it to the 12v output, Iv got a mk5 face lift!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have mine located just behind the rear view mirror on the passenger side but it does stick out below the bottom of the mirror a bit.

I have been looking for one that goes on the mirror and also has a back camera and reversing capability but all the ones that claim to do that have not so great reviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

located mine on the black trim directly behind the centre of the rearview mirror leaves a nice stealthy installation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine's behind the mirror where I can't see it.   I found that, if it could be seen, I would tend to watch it occasionally which is not a good idea.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is the wedge shaped A119 but if i put it either side i pick up the mirror cover so it blocks the one side a bit,don't know if anyone know

what i mean when the cover is long on my Titanium 2011 fiesta,its on the plastic cover now and fits well but its away from the window and a bit of judder when i go

over a speed hump or general road surface that's a bit rough like very slight blur on the video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nextbase 412gw right behind the mirror passenger side, but can just see the emergency lock button. 

 

Wired up to the roof trim, down the passenger door seal and into the fuse box 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put mine on the driver side behind the mirror. My camera has a button which if you press highlights a section of a recording making it easier to find when you plug it in your laptop. Only problem I've found is the windscreen wiper stops in front of the camera causing water to dry up on that spot and dirt to stick there which could impair the video quality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have the a119, located centre of the windscreen behind the mirror so as not to affect my vision in anyway. Work a treat for me. If u want any pics pm me your email and I can send u some direct from my phone as I'm on holiday at the mo without my laptop 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On both my Mondeo and the wife Fiesta both the dash cams are mounted behind the mirror on the passenger side and the wire behind the roof and pillar trim to the fuse box and piggybacked onto an ignition live fuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, captpicard said:

I also have the a119, located centre of the windscreen behind the mirror so as not to affect my vision in anyway. Work a treat for me. If u want any pics pm me your email and I can send u some direct from my phone as I'm on holiday at the mo without my laptop 

 

All i could do with is a picture of  where on the window and with the GPS pad or the normal pad,i have tried it twice now and keep getting the plastic cover.

Like some are wide view so will pick more up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can put it under the plastic cover low down but on the mesh as you can see at the top i get the plastic cover a lot.

You can see where i have it now on the plastic cover,look close you can see where i pulled it off.

 

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you have the same dash cam as me. Remember also not to place it where the windscreen wipers might stop in front of the view of the camera. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Thinkware f770. Points to note, the lens must be below the dotted part at the top of the screen, the MoT states that there must not be any obstruction within the sweep of the wipers but if you keep the lens out of the sweep when it rains you get the same effect as you do when you drive in the rain without wipers. You can bet that if it's raining then that's the time you need your camera most. If the MoT fails it I'd just fit a smaller wiper to that side.

The Thinkware doesn't have a screen, you view,download or access the settings via a smartphone., so no chance of distractions.

The f770 also has speed camera warnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, karl46 said:

I have a Thinkware f770. Points to note, the lens must be below the dotted part at the top of the screen, the MoT states that there must not be any obstruction within the sweep of the wipers but if you keep the lens out of the sweep when it rains you get the same effect as you do when you drive in the rain without wipers. You can bet that if it's raining then that's the time you need your camera most. If the MoT fails it I'd just fit a smaller wiper to that side.

The Thinkware doesn't have a screen, you view,download or access the settings via a smartphone., so no chance of distractions.

The f770 also has speed camera warnings.

I have this camera and attached it to the plastic piece behind the rear view mirror.this allows the camera to see through the swept area whilst keeping the installation stealthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, cjay1 said:

I have this camera and attached it to the plastic piece behind the rear view mirror.this allows the camera to see through the swept area whilst keeping the installation stealthy.

Yes i have mine on the plastic bit as you can see where i have pulled it off to do it again,i will add a little video clip below so you can see the problem,first its on the bottom

so open but low down on the window but the other 2 are on the black mesh but as you can see it blocks the right side,looks like on top of the plastic again as only place.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Yes i have mine on the plastic bit as you can see where i have pulled it off to do it again,i will add a little video clip below so you can see the problem,first its on the bottom

so open but low down on the window but the other 2 are on the black mesh but as you can see it blocks the right side,looks like on top of the plastic again as only place.

 

Mine is actually attached to the black plastic piece that is blocking some of the picture in your video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, karl46 said:

I have a Thinkware f770. Points to note, the lens must be below the dotted part at the top of the screen, the MoT states that there must not be any obstruction within the sweep of the wipers but if you keep the lens out of the sweep when it rains you get the same effect as you do when you drive in the rain without wipers. You can bet that if it's raining then that's the time you need your camera most. If the MoT fails it I'd just fit a smaller wiper to that side.

The Thinkware doesn't have a screen, you view,download or access the settings via a smartphone., so no chance of distractions.

The f770 also has speed camera warnings.

I believe most dashcams are small enough to get through the mot without issue.  

The maximum size of objects blocking view is much smaller infront of the driver than in front of the passenger.

I have my front camera tucked behind the rear view mirror on the left of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is on the plastic bit but i had a very slight amount of blur off when driving being on a plastic cover but as from yesterday i found

out its the connection to the mount that slides on and off so used Glue on the plastic to hold the mount to the cover and some double sided sticky tape

to make the mount fit on tight with no movement where it slides off and on.............i have removed the video now on here.

I like the dashcam so cant be seen a lot from outside ''hence'' the reason why i put it on plastic cover as no pad/sucker on window what you can see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of pictures of how I've attached the dashcam in a central location within the wiper zone with visibility of both cam and driver unrestricted. Hope this helps people.

_20171024_113600.JPG

_20171024_113511.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cjay1 said:

Couple of pictures of how I've attached the dashcam in a central location within the wiper zone with visibility of both cam and driver unrestricted. Hope this helps people.

_20171024_113600.JPG

_20171024_113511.JPG

Thats helped a lot mate,i see you aint got the filter on,do you get dashboard glare and if not what do you have your EV setting on as i have just dropped mine

down to 1.0 from 4/3 because i have the filter on so seeing if its that,it was ok for years but a bit blurred on pause so reg plates are hard to read now and looked

back at a old video and was fine when down one setting to 100 on the E.V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just to factory standard I do get reflections in some lighting conditions but no worse than with the naked eye and I don't see it as an issue as it not blocking any important details that would be needed in the event of an RTC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, captpicard said:

IMAG0023.jpg

Forgot to say from the drivers seat the camera isn't visible. Hard wired in cable runs straight up along the inside the windscreen covering then down the inside of the a pillar 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now