Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mustang - Bumper Issue

MustyAT

Hi

I have just joined the forum.  I am a Mustang 5.0 Cabriolet owner and I love my car.  However, it has a problem that I think looks awful.

It appears that the rear bumper is dropping down away from the rearside and rear panels - this leaves a horrible gap that has got much bigger than when I picked up the car new in July 2016.

The Ford bodyshop have informed that the bumper brackets are the same brackets used on the Fiesta so they are not strong enough to take the weight of the Mustang bumper.

At this point, I should point out that I am a Solicitor and am just in the early process of instigating legal proceedings under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

I am rejecting the car and seeking the return of my monies less a deduction for the use of the car I have had.  It is this deduction which will be the sticking point I believe.

Has anyone else noticed this bumper issue and if so what have you been told or what action have you taken.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

I appreciate a period of time has elapsed since you posted your problem, however no issue with my 2016 V8, surely if it was design error it would affect all or most cars! Interested to hear what outcome was. Pic would be useful......