Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 ecoboost cooling pump question

Legacy7770

Hi guys does my 63 plate focus 1.0 ecoboost have a pump to cool down the turbo after the engine is shut down??

If so where is it located??

Thanks Steve 

On 1.0 ECOboost Focus MK3 versions that are produced before 05-05-2014 the additional electric coolant pump is only present if the car is equipped with a factory fitted towing hook. 

From 05-05-2014 the additional electric coolant pump is present on every 1.0 ECOboost Focus MK3.

This is wat the electric coolant pump looks like:

QSUoKtF.jpg

TEjW9Xl.jpg

ZgJ47Z8.jpg

Xxs9WGX.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks mate you're a star much appreciated doesn't look like I've got one 

Thanks Steve 

If Ford later decided to fit them to all cars from a certaindate  there must have been a reason for that and that would suggest that there could be a good reason to retrofit that part to earlier cars.

• Like 1

That is exactly why I retrofitted the electric coolant pump to my 2013 Focus 1.0 ECOboost.

The additional electric coolant pump system consists of the following parts:

Electric coolant pump. Finis 1763048. Part number CM5G-8C419-AA  
Bolt M6 x 14 mm. Finis 1381665. 
Coolant hose. Finis1853623. Part number CM5G-9V427-GD.
Coolant hose. Finis 1793564. Partnumber CV61-8B573-VD.
Wiring harness. Finis 1772607. Part number BV6T-14C361-AA.

I ordered all these parts from a German wholesale supplier which supplies OEM parts of most car brands. These parts costed me only €150,- which was considerably cheaper than a Ford dealer. These parts cost about €230,- from ford.

After the electric coolant pump system is installed the PCM needs to be reprogrammed with the correct software version to activate the electric coolant pump. For me this was not a problem because I own the Ford IDS diagnostic system myself. 
  • Like 1

i fitted the electric coolant pump too on my 2013 1.0 ecoboost.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've had a garage agree to fit the pump when I can find the parts, I've already booked it in to fit the mk3.5 hoses to my mk3. However they've said they cant do the PCM update. Does anyone know if the pump can be fitted, but without being configured until a later date? That way I can go and find someone to do it later down the line while being able to have all the components fitted at the same time as getting the new hoses and coolant tank fitted?

Thanks

Another question around this if I can. 

Is the coolant pump needed even if we're conscious of idling the engine for a minute afterwords before shutting the engine off?

Thanks.

Difficult to say really, obviously keeping the coolant circulating is good.  But idling a hot engine while stationary is just going to increase under bonnet temps overall so it seems a bit counter productive.

• Like 2

Difficult to say really, obviously keeping the coolant circulating is good.  But idling a hot engine while stationary is just going to increase under bonnet temps overall so it seems a bit counter productive.
Thank you for that. Makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

I have a electric coolant pump in my -14 focus.

I haven't seen it running yet.

It is winter and quite cold in here northern europe.

Is it only pumping with certain outdoor temperatures?

The electric cooolant pump is only active when the engine temperature is still above a certain value when the engine is shut off. 

The pump is usually only activated during high ambient temperatures (for example in summer).

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

sorry to go over such an old topic - I’m fitting the pump to my 2013 Focus that doesn’t have one. Where does electrical connection plug into ?   Does anyone know? I’ve ordered the harness as listed and one side goes in the pump but where does the other side connect to the vehicle? 

• 1 month later...

Okay , now it is really warm here in northern europe.

I have check few times after driving, but still no coolant movement in expansion tank after shutdown.

Do i have to suspect faulty pump?

Should it place an trouble code if faulty?

• Sad 1

Are you trying to look for a problem you don't have ?

Does your engine over heat ? if the answer is No, then you don't have a problem.

No.

I just want to understand , how should my electric coolant pump work.

I thought that someone here would know when it should pump.

If one day i put trailer to my tow bar , i want to be sure that pump operates when it is supposed to.

13 minutes ago, M0ndeo said:

I just want to understand , how should my electric coolant pump work.

So you are looking for a problem you don't have !!!

You have a 2007 Mondeo with a belt driven mechanical water pump.

You need to worry that the brakes will still work when put a trailer on your tow bar.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club