Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 fiesta 2003 Semi auto gearbox problem?

Danielg13

Hi all

ive got a mk6 fiesta 2003 semi auto it's been a cheap car for me had it couple years and it owes me nothing but it's had this issue for a while now where if it's in first gear and goes to secound when low revs in clonks into 2nd, you can feel the clonk as if it's snapping into 2nd, it doesn't always do it. It can change smooth 3rd to 4th to 5th but 1st to 2nd seems to always have this clonk. It's just passed mot with couple advisories for track rods but I litterly know nothing about cars. I've heard allot people say the gear boxes in these fiestas are terrible. 

Any advice or experience with these cars and know if it's Common fault or it's gearbox that's gonna die ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Its probably the engine moving around caused by a bit of clutch drag. Try letting off the gas as it changes gear.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems to be doing it more when on a uneven road like if I’m going up a hill . It also does this judder when first pulling away I’m the morning as if it wants to stay in first but also wants to go into secound

I’ve been told to check the fluid in the gearbox and top it up because this can cause problems 

The auto gearboxes in Fiesta's have always been crap apparently, I guess autos being non-existent in pretty much everything other than luxury/fast cars doesn't help. How come you decided to get an auto anyway? I know a few people on here have them because of disabilities etc. My knowledge on auto trannys goes about as far as change the fluid and filter. If it's not causing you problems then run the car into the ground and get a new one. It's not worth the cost or time to get a new tranny put in.

Hi I passed my test in manual but just didn’t enjoy driving , was always nervous wreck lol then my dad got a auto Range Rover I had a go in and I was so more relaxed . I so I ended up buying myself this little fiesta and I’m fine driving, I probably would get a manual cause my confidence is fine now on the road I’d just need to get used to manuals.it was more of a confidence issue and lazyness then a disability 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone point me to what transmission fluid is best use ? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club