Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

Hey Eric, there isn't any rush now she has another car.

Why is it better to get the car registered in 2018 rather than December 2017? I know it would be 2018 registered but still 67 players?

11 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Hey Eric, there isn't any rush now she has another car.

Why is it better to get the car registered in 2018 rather than December 2017? I know it would be 2018 registered but still 67 players?

Just removes one excuse for them to knock the price down come trade-in time, but it's not a big deal, especially now with 3 different plates in a given year which seems to confuse everybody anyway! The way things seem to be going, it looks as if I may be looking at an 18 plate anyway!

and it depends how long you keep it.  The longer you keep it, the less it matters

Yeah we thought if it runs to February we may try to get them to wait to put it on an 18 plate. If they will.

Ordered a Titanium X MK8 on Sunday, told not to expect delivery till February - although hearing story's of people who ordered back in August and not getting theirs yet im not too sure if that will happen now! 

When In ordered my Titanium I added all the extras that the X had over it but didn't have the option of adding partial leather seats. I therefor have virtually a Titanium X without the delay. Just a way around the delay unless you really want partial leather seats.

A cunning plan! Unfortunately it won't work on the ST Line as not all of the X extras are available on the base car (eg climate control which is standard on Titanium and X).

Did this work out ok money wise? I know the difference is about £1500 from Titanium to Titanium X but haven't tried totting up all the bits!

6 minutes ago, jsk said:

No difference in adding the extras

That's great! Wish I could have done it on the ST Line as I'm not fussed about the part leather either, but did particularly want climate.

I ordered a Titanium X in May... Current estimated date is sometimes in March.... 10 months.. 

At this rate I'm going to have to hand my car back before I get my Mk8 ST, they haven't even opened order books for it yet. :(

3 hours ago, Nick Flintham said:

I ordered a Titanium X in May... Current estimated date is sometimes in March... 10 months..

This is  getting rather silly!

I'm puzzled that I've not seen these delays reported elsewhere such as the wider motoring press - anyone have a contact at Autocar or Auto Express?!

Also, if the issue really is just a minor thing like part leather, amazed that Ford seem to accept orders stacking up rather than do something to get things moving, such as offer a reduction to accept fabric seats for example. Back when I was involved in fleet vehicles, it was not unusual for manufacturers to offer to up-spec or down-spec delayed vehicles, with a suitable price incentive.

I also ordered the Ford Fiesta Titanium X last June .

Advised by my garage from Ford UK under the heading of Fiesta B479 Partial and Full Leather Trim Update dated 27 Oct 2017

"Please be advised that the Stop Build has now been delayed until mid November with production to commence from December. We will be building all vehicles on a sold and ageing basis only with individual order prioritisation not possible, the main focus will be around Retail units with orders back to June contracts.

Should you have urgent orders with recent contracts we strongly recommend you liaise with your customers regarding the Stop build and constrained production with a view of amending into another specification. We currently anticipate that the lead time for an order placed today would be 16-20 weeks from the point of contract to date release within Cologne"

My garage advise me that Ford Cologne take 2 weeks off for Christmas and now say that the deliver hopefully be in February 2018......... but when delivered they will store it till March 2018 nice of them

The good news I do have another car so I am not in a rush but have agreed price in June (before Ford Increased the price in November) but the exchange car value will now drop as it is many months since the valued it

Our Focus was ordered was ordered 3rd May and we was given end of July for delivery  and a  week later our dealer called us with a update saying it would not be delivered until  mid August and they may have to revalue our old car I told them its not my problem the new car is delayed and your not getting a penny more out of me take the issue up with Ford. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keith Amersham said:

Advised by my garage from Ford UK under the heading of Fiesta B479 Partial and Full Leather Trim Update dated 27 Oct 2017

"Please be advised that the Stop Build has now been delayed until mid November with production to commence from December. We will be building all vehicles on a sold and ageing basis only with individual order prioritisation not possible, the main focus will be around Retail units with orders back to June contracts.

Should you have urgent orders with recent contracts we strongly recommend you liaise with your customers regarding the Stop build and constrained production with a view of amending into another specification. We currently anticipate that the lead time for an order placed today would be 16-20 weeks from the point of contract to date release within Cologne"

My garage advise me that Ford Cologne take 2 weeks off for Christmas and now say that the deliver hopefully be in February 2018......... but when delivered they will store it till March 2018 nice of them

The good news I do have another car so I am not in a rush but have agreed price in June (before Ford Increased the price in November) but the exchange car value will now drop as it is many months since the valued it

Thanks for posting this update, Keith - very interesting!

On 17/11/2017 at 9:32 AM, alexp999 said:

At this rate I'm going to have to hand my car back before I get my Mk8 ST, they haven't even opened order books for it yet. :(

Just been looking on Car Wow website - they're suggesting an on sale date of October 2018 for the new ST! 

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Just been looking on Car Wow website - they're suggesting an on sale date of October 2018 for the new ST! 

Yeah I saw that the other day, don't know where they got the info from, I've looked everywhere and that's the only site saying it.

On 17/11/2017 at 9:19 PM, Keith Amersham said:

This is exactly the message the dealer showed me when I ordered a couple weeks ago - they advised me it would probably be February/ March for mine to arrive but I’m not feeling to confident that will be the case if people who have ordered in June are expecting February too!

Im in a bit of a strange situation with my car, am currently in negative equity on my current car which is on options, they did me a deal I was happy with but come the delivery of my new car that deal may not be so great any more seeing as id have made at least 3 more payments on the current car - Cant see it’s value falling as much as the 3 payments are!

Hello fellow Fiesta car fans 

I have an update from my Ford dealer re delivery dates f

All-New Fiesta – Stop Build Production Update

The purpose of this letter is to advise you that the Stop Build affecting Partial Leather and Full Leather trim on ST-Line X, Titanium X and Vignale has been lifted.

Production Ramp Up Plan

There will be a staged ramp up plan to build out current orders. Orders will be scheduled on a sold and ageing basis only, with individual order prioritisation not possible. Scheduling will focus around customer sold orders dating back to June contracts, which will be scheduled first across December.

Based on our current sold order bank and build capacity we anticipate the following build months:

•   June / July contracted orders to be built out across December / January production

•   August contracted orders to be built February

•   September contracted orders to be built March

•   October and November contracted orders to be in April

Please note that these calculations are an estimate based on the current leather supply position. Any further deterioration in leather availability will push these timings back, conversely, increased build capacity will see an improvement to the above. We will continue to keep the Supply Chain Bulletin updated within our latest calculations.

We will be closely monitoring contract patterns going forward to ensure that genuine orders get priority. Should you have urgent orders with recent contracts we strongly recommend you liaise with your customers regarding build times, with a view to amending into another specification where possible.

On 11/21/2017 at 11:36 PM, simps100 said:

This is exactly the message the dealer showed me when I ordered a couple weeks ago - they advised me it would probably be February/ March for mine to arrive but I’m not feeling to confident that will be the case if people who have ordered in June are expecting February too!

Im in a bit of a strange situation with my car, am currently in negative equity on my current car which is on options, they did me a deal I was happy with but come the delivery of my new car that deal may not be so great any more seeing as id have made at least 3 more payments on the current car - Cant see it’s value falling as much as the 3 payments are!

^Thanks! Looks like April for me then maybe later by the time it gets here :( Atlesst ill have made few more payments on the current car so hopefully worth closer to what I owe on it!

Yep, looks like April for me too (if everything goes as planned.....) Really disappointed with this ridiculous situation - at least 7 months to deliver a Ford Fiesta. Even more annoyingly, I'm using the scrappage scheme, so I am now obliged to fork out on servicing, tyres and a battery to keep my 200,000 mile Fiesta going through the winter (and pray that it doesn't break down in an expensive way in the meantime).

22 hours ago, Jonson said:

Yep, looks like April for me too (if everything goes as planned.....) Really disappointed with this ridiculous situation - at least 7 months to deliver a Ford Fiesta. Even more annoyingly, I'm using the scrappage scheme, so I am now obliged to fork out on servicing, tyres and a battery to keep my 200,000 mile Fiesta going through the winter (and pray that it doesn't break down in an expensive way in the meantime).

Just a add these dates are BUILD dates not DELIVERY dates to dealers - I guessing that we need to add another 4 - 5 weeks onto the date for delivery to the dealers

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone waiting had any recent updates from dealers if production is back up and running as it should be? All been quiet from mine so far!

Yes, we were contacted by the dealership yesterday.

Our vehicle is set to now be "built" mid february, this "should" be delivered early to mid march. (Car was ordered August, it has been that long, i am forgetting)

We are in no particular rush, as said before, the dealership have lent us a car until ours is delivered.

There was a problem with the loan car is that the dealership could no longer insure it for us, as the maximum insurance duration for a loan car had elapsed.

We had to insure said car ourselves, but the dealership have told us they will cover any cost incurred for having to insure the car. Luckily our insurers have been really good and have let us put an extra "courtesy" car on our insurance policy free of charge. All we have to do is renew this with them every 30 days.

The dealership have obviously asked us to take a copy of "our" insurance documents in to them as it is their car we have insured. They have told us they will put us a full tank of fuel in the car when we do as a thank you for our continued patience. Can't ask any more, it isn't their fault, nor is it ours after all

Good to hear you've got some more solid dates now, last I was told was still looking at Feb / March for mine ordered in November but by the sounds of it that could be abit unrealistic!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club