Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

Has anyone received an ST line (X) mk8 yet? Or have any info on expected delivery?

My dealer says there is a parts shortage and Ford haven't even scheduled my build yet  - despite taking my deposit in August :(

There's a massive compound full of new shape Fiestas on Ransomes Industrial Estate in Ipswich...not sure which spec they are but there are loads there, can't be that much of a parts shortage!

Did you order any rare/unusual optional extras?

Apparently it's the 140 engines and higher spec. trims that are the problem.

Ah, fair enough, does seem like an excessive wait for a fairly normal car though, hope you get a build date soon.

Plenty of st lines coming through, not noticed if any are X variants. What's the spec difference?

errm, off the top of my head - part leather, EATC, privacy glass, touchscreen size, other stuff....

I was supposed to have my st-line delivered this week in Greece, but its been delayed for the second week of November. I should have it until the 10 of November according to the salesman. I have the vin though since early October and I made the order at the end of July. 

Have been told it is a leather issue to do with the seating, started another topic before noticing this one, sorry.

Our's has been made they say, it is just awaiting seats....

From other post, please feel free to delete mods, sorry.

Ok, so the Mrs ordered a White Fiesta St Line X 140 with reversing camera back on August 12th.

We didn't have a test drive as no demo car had been delivered but were promised one at beginning of September.

Told when ordering that the car would be ready approx End of October, to be collected.

Had a phone call mid September saying production was ahead of schedule, it would be ready mid October.

Heard nothing about a test drive, nor anything about the car being ready.

15th Oct had a phone call from the dealership admin to activate the free 7 day driveaway insurance.

Great, car must be ready shortly for collection.

Heard nothing about test drive or her car....

Contacted dealership, told car had been removed from their system. Investigation ensued.

Dealership have rang back saying production on all vehicles woth leather seating or prtial leather has been put on hold until beginning of October.

Still no test drive or car.

Dealership cannot now give us a delivery date, can't give us a test drive.

Would we have the right to cancel? Is the leather issue across Ford vehicles true? (Anyone else heard of it) Can we cancel as we have still no had a test drive?

One good point, the dealership have offered to "loan"  a vehicle until her's is ready to collect but this seems to be dragging on, the loan car is not the one she ordered or wants and they cannot tell us how long the estimated delivery date is away.

Comments please.... Thank you. 

St Line X comes with a lot of the optional extras as standard for very little more than the St Line

If that's the case, surely they could just give you the poverty spec seats for now and fit leathers when they become available?  Would be better than not having the car at all?

ST Line X has the following Features additional to ST-Line

• LED Night Signature to rear lights
  • Auto High Beam
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Traffic Sign Recognition and Driver Alert
  • Power-foldable door mirrors with puddle lights
  • Rear privacy glass
  • Partial leather sports style front seats
  • Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC)
  • Cruise Control
  • Ford SYNC 3 Navigation with 8" Touchscreen
  • Centre console with armrest, openable stowage and 12 V power point
  • Auto-dimming rear-view mirror

49 minutes ago, Mariner said:

ST Line X has the following Features additional to ST-Line

• LED Night Signature to rear lights
  • Auto High Beam
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Traffic Sign Recognition and Driver Alert
  • Power-foldable door mirrors with puddle lights
  • Rear privacy glass
  • Partial leather sports style front seats
  • Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC)
  • Cruise Control
  • Ford SYNC 3 Navigation with 8" Touchscreen
  • Centre console with armrest, openable stowage and 12 V power point
  • Auto-dimming rear-view mirror

Looks like they've finally realised some of us want sport looks AND Titanium spec rather than one or the other!  :biggrin:  

So its not just me then. Ordered ST-Line X in July. Had a build date of 12th September at first then it got pushed back to 20th October.

Spoke to dealer yesterday and now there’s no estimated build date at all.

Ordered an ST Line X 140ps first week in September and have heard nothing since.  Though I'm in no rush to take delivery, it must be very frustrating for those who are! 

Ordered my ST Line X 140 in mid August and my dealer is now suggesting certainly no delivery before Xmas. Ford shuts down for a fortnight over Xmas. They also suggested they thought it could be end of January or beginning of February for delivery despite no confirmed build date from Ford.

My first Fiesta and now getting very frustrated with Ford.

Updated yesterday, St line x will not have the production stop removed until 2nd week of December.

The first releases will be on an age proviso . (Earlier orders first)

We are looking at February for delivery, if so, then we will not accept the car or have it registered until then new 2018 plate is released in March!

As said previously, the dealership have promised to loan us a car to be picked up this weekend so it is no big thing waiting a little longer.

Spotted an ST Line (not X) 125ps in a dealer so they're obviously  coming through. Given the upcoming ST is getting a 1.5 triple, I can't see Ford introducing a new engine just for one model, so started wondering if the 140ps 1.0 might be dropped and replaced with a 1.5 in a lower state of tune. Just a thought!

Yes, i believe St Lines are available as they do not have leather or part leather seats, where as the X does..

It is leather seating across all models that is the issue i believe.

Don't see the 140 1.0 being dropped for the time being, it is Ford's baby and they love it. Could always be wrong.

43 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Don't see the 140 1.0 being dropped for the time being, it is Ford's baby and they love it. Could always be wrong.

Only had the thought as the OP mentioned being told about delays on the 140. Out of interest has anyone ordered a 140 (non X) ST Line and got a delivery date? 

I was speaking to my local dealership today whilst completing the handover on my new car and chatted about this very problem.
The problem is that the current leather quality has dropped below the required standard and they are in negotiations with other suppliers.
He stated that they have no idea when a solution will be reached and are as unhappy as the customers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I ordered a Fiesta ST-Line X 140 two weeks ago they told me delivery December/January they are honouring my trade in quote so I'll just have to wait.

Still waiting for my replacement seat for my RS been over a month now evidently it’s a shortage of parts so probably leather as well

Sent from my iPhone

Update above. 

Told delivery "SHOULD" be January. And this was ordered back in early August.

Glad to hear you've had some good(ish) news! I don't really need my car (ordered Sept) until January so haven't been chasing so far and certainly didn't want it being registered late in December rather than 2018 (unless there was something in it for me of course!) but it looks like I won't need to worry!!