• Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

Jonson

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Hey Eric, there isn't any rush now she has another car.

Why is it better to get the car registered in 2018 rather than December 2017? I know it would be 2018 registered but still 67 players?

11 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Hey Eric, there isn't any rush now she has another car.

Why is it better to get the car registered in 2018 rather than December 2017? I know it would be 2018 registered but still 67 players?

Just removes one excuse for them to knock the price down come trade-in time, but it's not a big deal, especially now with 3 different plates in a given year which seems to confuse everybody anyway! The way things seem to be going, it looks as if I may be looking at an 18 plate anyway!

and it depends how long you keep it.  The longer you keep it, the less it matters

Yeah we thought if it runs to February we may try to get them to wait to put it on an 18 plate. If they will.

Ordered a Titanium X MK8 on Sunday, told not to expect delivery till February - although hearing story's of people who ordered back in August and not getting theirs yet im not too sure if that will happen now! 

When In ordered my Titanium I added all the extras that the X had over it but didn't have the option of adding partial leather seats. I therefor have virtually a Titanium X without the delay. Just a way around the delay unless you really want partial leather seats.

A cunning plan! Unfortunately it won't work on the ST Line as not all of the X extras are available on the base car (eg climate control which is standard on Titanium and X).

Did this work out ok money wise? I know the difference is about £1500 from Titanium to Titanium X but haven't tried totting up all the bits!

6 minutes ago, jsk said:

No difference in adding the extras

That's great! Wish I could have done it on the ST Line as I'm not fussed about the part leather either, but did particularly want climate.

3 hours ago, Nick Flintham said:

I ordered a Titanium X in May... Current estimated date is sometimes in March... 10 months..

This is  getting rather silly!

I'm puzzled that I've not seen these delays reported elsewhere such as the wider motoring press - anyone have a contact at Autocar or Auto Express?!

Also, if the issue really is just a minor thing like part leather, amazed that Ford seem to accept orders stacking up rather than do something to get things moving, such as offer a reduction to accept fabric seats for example. Back when I was involved in fleet vehicles, it was not unusual for manufacturers to offer to up-spec or down-spec delayed vehicles, with a suitable price incentive.

I also ordered the Ford Fiesta Titanium X last June .

Advised by my garage from Ford UK under the heading of Fiesta B479 Partial and Full Leather Trim Update dated 27 Oct 2017

"Please be advised that the Stop Build has now been delayed until mid November with production to commence from December. We will be building all vehicles on a sold and ageing basis only with individual order prioritisation not possible, the main focus will be around Retail units with orders back to June contracts.

Should you have urgent orders with recent contracts we strongly recommend you liaise with your customers regarding the Stop build and constrained production with a view of amending into another specification. We currently anticipate that the lead time for an order placed today would be 16-20 weeks from the point of contract to date release within Cologne"

My garage advise me that Ford Cologne take 2 weeks off for Christmas and now say that the deliver hopefully be in February 2018......... but when delivered they will store it till March 2018 nice of them

The good news I do have another car so I am not in a rush but have agreed price in June (before Ford Increased the price in November) but the exchange car value will now drop as it is many months since the valued it

Our Focus was ordered was ordered 3rd May and we was given end of July for delivery  and a  week later our dealer called us with a update saying it would not be delivered until  mid August and they may have to revalue our old car I told them its not my problem the new car is delayed and your not getting a penny more out of me take the issue up with Ford. 

13 hours ago, Keith Amersham said:

I also ordered the Ford Fiesta Titanium X last June .

Advised by my garage from Ford UK under the heading of Fiesta B479 Partial and Full Leather Trim Update dated 27 Oct 2017

"Please be advised that the Stop Build has now been delayed until mid November with production to commence from December. We will be building all vehicles on a sold and ageing basis only with individual order prioritisation not possible, the main focus will be around Retail units with orders back to June contracts.

Should you have urgent orders with recent contracts we strongly recommend you liaise with your customers regarding the Stop build and constrained production with a view of amending into another specification. We currently anticipate that the lead time for an order placed today would be 16-20 weeks from the point of contract to date release within Cologne"

My garage advise me that Ford Cologne take 2 weeks off for Christmas and now say that the deliver hopefully be in February 2018......... but when delivered they will store it till March 2018 nice of them

The good news I do have another car so I am not in a rush but have agreed price in June (before Ford Increased the price in November) but the exchange car value will now drop as it is many months since the valued it

Thanks for posting this update, Keith - very interesting!