Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clutch to be replaced 4th time help

Peter_

good day to everyone 

i am the second main owner of a 2010 smax and i found out i will be changing the clutch for the 4th time 85000 miles

does anyone know how i can prevent this happening again ?

PS i am not a boy racer 

Peter 

Sorry to hear you're on your 4th clutch at 85k miles. From my experience there is something definitely wrong, my Toyota avensis 2.2td is on 120k and hasn't been replaced once. Are you using unbranded parts ie. cheap.

Depends on your driving style also, I known people who constantly keep their foot on the clutch so it's not fully engaged, even when driving, this will wear a clutch quicker.

Is there anything wrong with the gearbox, I've had a clutch go bang on me in less than 200 miles due to a bent input shaft (the fitters damaged it).

thanks i will ask for the input shaft to be checked,

i know prevoius driver i have one of the old clutches, ford garage has done two out of three and now booked in to another ford garage for the forth.

is there a premium clutch i can put in?

Boy racers tend to be easier on clutches than elderly people in my experience...

What is the actual fault with the clutch?  Is it slipping under acceleration or not disengaging properly?  Was the flywheel and/or slave cylinder also changed with the clutch(es) before?  

hi

one of the previous problems was he couldnt get it in gear, me if i accelerate very slow it drives normally but when a medium amout of pressure and the revs just shoot up and i slow down, if i then go gentle it accelerates again.

no strange noises at all.

im sure the fly wheel was changed ,slave cylinder i dont know, i have checked fluid thats ok 

Ah ok, as the old clutch was dragging and the new one is slipping it's not likely to be caused by the same fault, so looks like you might just be unlucky.

It may be leaking clutch fluid if the slave wasn't changed, it doesn't take much fluid to make the clutch slip so may not be a noticeable drop in fluid level yet.  However I would expect it to be changed if going to the expense of the flywheel as well.

Ford should be using decent branded clutches (LUK, Sachs or Valeo) so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Not really sure what to suggest!  I assume the car hasn't been remapped?  And you're not riding the clutch constantly for slow traffic or crawling up hills etc? 

What engine is it out of interest?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club