Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk2 climate control panel change

RoomyMusician

Hello

I'm new here. Shortly I will be getting a 2007 Focus from my dad. The thing that bothers me is this ugly looking climate control panel which is really basic. I've searched some threads about changing to auto climate control but it seems there would be a lot of work and money needed for it to work.
Then I found out that some versions came with much more pleasant looking manual panel.
So would it be possoble going from this:
JQqAQzo.jpg?1

To this:
X5gzZED.jpg

Sorry for 3 threads, must have pressed some key. This one is whole, so reply into this one please.

You can find a bu**load of stereos and frames on ebay/aliexpress, just choose one that you like, also you can either go with the "carbon" tint on the panel, or you can flip the whole thing for a Ford one - but they are quite rare and also expensive. Sometimes one or two shows up on eBay from breakers (mostly from ST/RS). 

Climate knobs are also a pretty much standard stock on ebay/aliexpress, you can find them with many colours, but I saw once that the "ring" around it broke and just turned itself, without actually turning the knob behind it. But for a prize of couple of £, you can easily replace them if needed. 

Also, as you mentioned in another thread, you can flip the climate controls for an auto one, you need the HVAC box from auto climate, climate control panel, two (I think) sensors and some wiring. And take the dashboard out. Not un-doable, but not always worth it. Only thing you get, is the AUTO function, which chooses the "correct" airflow for you, but it's not more powerfull, or anything like that (won't cool/heat faster). But yeah, you get a fancy panel with numbers, lol :biggrin:

That's about it :wink:

Thanks. So as you say it is possible to just swap those rectangle-ish knobs to much more pleasant looking round ones.
Well, I don't care too much about auto climate, it just looks good, but those round climate knobs will do it too. As for console, I know I can get different ones, at some point will change again my very basic radio to a sony one.

I did this mod before of changing the standard climate knobs to the round ones, extremely easy to do. Just get a pliers and literally pull off the the climate knobs and replace with new ones. Took less than 2 minutes to do really.

I had originally looked at the option of fitting the electronic climate control but when I looked into it there was quite a lot of work involved and the cost really wasn't worth it. Just installing those round climate control knobs really cleaned up the interior.

16 minutes ago, Dave_TDCI said:

I did this mod before of changing the standard climate knobs to the round ones, extremely easy to do. Just get a pliers and literally pull off the the climate knobs and replace with new ones. Took less than 2 minutes to do really.

I had originally looked at the option of fitting the electronic climate control but when I looked into it there was quite a lot of work involved and the cost really wasn't worth it. Just installing those round climate control knobs really cleaned up the interior.

+1 .... it's a 2 minute job and makes a nice difference to the interior.

Yeah I agree as standard the the mk2/2.5 dash is a bit cheap looking.  A new radio and heater control knobs improved the dash of my Focus big time.  

DSC_0120.JPG

1498585924407.jpg

• Like 2

This is what I was looking for. Thanks guys. Sry for late reply.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club