Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Westy's Mk7 Zetec-S

Andywest2k1

I thought it was due to the age of the car? Newer models having 2 lines? I have 3 lines which I prefer to the 2 lines personally but it doesnt really matter

• 3 months later...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andywest2k1

• Rogue_Shadow

• Jason Tierney

• sussex

Any suggestions for some subtle mods folks?

Ive ordered the sill protectors, and just getting round to putting on the DMB graphics.

Also, looking to get a richbrook sabre aerial, anyone got any links/places to get a cheap one?

Anyways as previously said, any subtle/OEM style mod suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Check out my MK7 headlight bulb change thread. It seems everyone does it as a simple mod.

Its legal and very easy :)

Nice ZS btw :)

On my ZS I have added Fiesta scuff plates and mats have also got some really decent LED Bulbs coming I will put in the footwell. I have checked and although no bulbs in there the sockets are there and so is the wiring so just a case of pushing the bulbs in B)

On my ZS I have added Fiesta scuff plates and mats have also got some really decent LED bulbs coming I will put in the footwell. I have checked and although no bulbs in there the sockets are there and so is the wiring so just a case of pushing the bulbs in B)

really?

Where are these bulb holders? Would love to simple add these!

Yup, get on hands and knees with a torch and check the footwells, I am sure some people with ZS's have said they have the wiring and bulb holders and some dont. I dont know why that is.

What bulb fit inside them do you know?

Sorry for stealing the thread, but that would be awesome to have some footwell lighting :D

Sorry for stealing the thread, but that would be awesome to have some footwell lighting :D

Found it :D

Very well hidden, but your right, I can even see the wires leading away.

Would you know what the bulb type is?

Thank you!

I tried 2 different sets in my previous Zetec footwells and found these to be the best, brightest

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2pcs-501-W5W-Wide-Angle-12-LED-Red-Dash-Wedge-Bulbs-/200468592336?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eacdbf6d0

Just to let you know IF you buy those, although it says Item location: McMechen, West Virginia, United States it isn't, it's Hong Kong and delivery takes a good 10-14 days

I just changed my headlight bulbs today and these are the same bulbs as the sidelights

So Ive put those in for the time being.

Thank You!

Ahh I see mr warden JP is about again :) Hes a good reliable seller, bought alot of items off him.

Ive got some sidelights knocking about, wont be brightest, but im going to go have a look now in my Feb 10 build ZS see if the wires are there, where exactly am I looking?

Jay

Tempted to add this to my bulb thread

but here you go

Roughly in line with the Clutch pedal

Photo471.jpg?t=1273347758

Stick your head up and around the footwell

Photo472.jpg?t=1273347805

See that furry wire on the right leading into the cup.

Well

Thats the Bulb Holder

Photo470.jpg?t=1273347853

W5W's fit directly into it, the holder itself can be taken out but given it a anti-clockwise turn. It will then lift out of the plastic tab housing for a better look

:)

Ive got my old sidelights in them for the time being

Well ive just been rummaging around and cant see anything, There was a bulb sized space but I tried putting a w5w bulb in it but it was just loose.

So im guessing mine doesnt

Would of been kool though.

edit, going to have another look (and hopes for the best)

It does seem not all ZS's have the bulb holder. Just told a mate of mine on ZSOC and he doesn't have one either.

Wierd!

Woop wooop I found them :)

worked fine, going to have to buy some nice white ones though like my sidelights

White ZS

Blue footwells if you ask me :D

Anyone got blue footwell lights in there cars?

Sorry, we should really move these to the lights thread...

daaaan, where art thou? to help save out souls from offtopica

Check out my MK7 headlight bulb change thread. It seems everyone does it as a simple mod.

Its legal and very easy :)

Nice ZS btw :)

Ive allready done the bulb swap mate. Put Phillips bluevision in:

DSC02720.jpg

ha, looks like my threads been hijacked, i dont mind guys!

Deffo going to look into the footwell lights!

Also, a question about the DMB graphics, if i put them on, how easy are they to get off if i dont like them?

One last one aswell ha, has anyone got any pics of mk7's with the sabre aerial on?

Thanks for all the comments guys, mucho appreciated!

The DMB badges are very durable and sticky, ive had them on my old mk6 for two years of jet washes and hand washes and they havnt so much as peeled one bit. But Id imagine a hairdryer to melt the sticky bits would get it off, just have to get rid of the excess residue left then.

Just make sure you get it right first time,there pretty sticky :)

Im unsure of what colour to get mine, White backgroud/black writing is too much white so im unsure, any colour goes with white, so I could just have a totally random colour but I dont wana make it look tacky at the same time..

The DMB badges are very durable and sticky, ive had them on my old mk6 for two years of jet washes and hand washes and they havnt so much as peeled one bit. But Id imagine a hairdryer to melt the sticky bits would get it off, just have to get rid of the excess residue left then.

Just make sure you get it right first time,there pretty sticky :)

Im unsure of what colour to get mine, White backgroud/black writing is too much white so im unsure, any colour goes with white, so I could just have a totally random colour but I dont wana make it look tacky at the same time..

I see what you mean about the white background. I ordered them without giving it much thought. Im beginning too sway towards carbon background with white writing.

Well I forbif you to get them. and do anything similar to my White ZS. Because you live fairly close(ish) and I dont wana see myself comming the other way lol :)

Well I forbif you to get them. and do anything similar to my White ZS. Because you live fairly close(ish) and I dont wana see myself comming the other way lol :)

Ha, i was going to ask where you got the 's' from on the front grille aswell! :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Little update...

Gave it a clean, and painted the callipers red. I used Hammerite smooth red for anyone intereseted:

19072010236.jpg

19072010235.jpg

19072010234.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club