Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How fast is the ST really?

Cazzle

Im wondering as i am now hooked on selling my beloved Black Edition with only 15000 miles to get an ST what im wondering is even though it only has 40 bhp more is it really that much more quicker or am i going to see similar speeds and not a lot of pushing back in my seat as my black ediiton with a little extra 0 60 time or is it actually proper quick and a lot more quicker than a black.

Ta

You'll feel it for sure.
Nieces husband had a Fiesta ST and it went like a stabbed rat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's more like 60bhp more as you can never run out of overboost on public roads.

You also get an additional 80 Nm of torque (on overboost).

The Fiesta has a great chassis but I find the 1.0 a bit lacking in the midrange.

Best bet is to go try one and see if you think the difference is worth it.

• Like 1

I've had a Fiesta Red Edition and now an ST. The ST is definitely quite a bit quicker but more than anything it feels a lot faster, partly due to the increased sound (the symposer helps!) and the wrap around seats. It also feels more urgent, it constantly wants to be pushed further, whereas the 1.0 ecoboost is quite happy to just stroll along. The steering is also slightly heavier, and it feels more purposeful on the road. I was completely content with my Red Edition, but now I have the ST I don't think I could go back -  the ST has got more character in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just tried my mothers and i can confirm even when she wouldn't let me put my foot down more than a quarter it really wanted to go i want one badly now...

Yes i agree the power in the 1l is very smooth and only really likes going in 3rd and even then it runs out of boost fairly quickly and the engine dosent sound best pleased going to high rpm.

Looks like im trading up for sure, Black edition was good but as you mentioned the ST is just a different beast the sound of it i smiled just listening to it starting up sounded proper sporty and also felt completely different inside due to the seats feels like a completely different car for the better.

Autotrader here we come! 

Last and most important Question is will it throw me and passengers back into the seat if i give it some welly...!

• Like 1

Last and most important Question is will it throw me and passengers back into the seat if i give it some welly...!

Short answer - YES!!

• Like 1

It will only push you in to the seat until you are used to it. Then your brain will adjust and compensate.

You then only notice how reactive to throttle input it is when you have a passenger. Haha.

• Like 2

It's a superb engine the 1.6 turbo. I bought my 16 plate st-2 4 weeks ago and thoroughly enjoy it.

i had a 1.0 ecoboost 100 so a big step up. Mpg very good if you don't hammer it. It just keeps going and going power wise and before you know it you are doing stupid speeds. Yes will throw you back in seat if you plant your foot .

very hard ride though...you love it or hate it. I love it but wife hates it lol

• Like 1

Once had 130 out of my ST obviously not on public roads of course [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 4

Short answer - YES!!

your having a laugh surely??
  • Like 1

Not at all.

A Fiesta ST with a decent stage one tune will do the business.

Don't forget to add go faster stripes. They add at least a thousand miles per hour.

• Like 1

I thought it was +1hp per sticker or do go faster stripes work differently?

C6NNf0V.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but,

Depends on what ST you mean my MK2 Focus ST  is 156 MPH ish  so they say with 345 BHP. You can put a £50 on my dash and I challenge you to get hold of it on full acceleration if you can get hold of it its yours (Hint no one's won as of yet no one ).Goodness knows what the new VW Golf R with it's  launch control is like ,now that is real acceleration form 0- 60 must melt your socks eats my MK2 alive and with less BHP.

• Like 1

Go faster stripes are different technology to stickers. Nobody knows how they work. They just do :sleep:

• Like 1

mine has million BHP with all my speed stripes.

ford bible show.jpg

It will do 70 mph which is all you need in this country.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bobr said:

It will do 70 mph which is all you need in this country.

Plenty of places you can do over 70 mph legally in this country.

The great thing about the ST is that it can be your track car, b road car, commuter and shopping trolley all in one. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my STD will do 140 flat out (multiple speed readouts for those that say the speedo is out of whack)

Private track...

Jamie