Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket radio head unita

hudson41

I've seen on eBay you can buy an aftermarket radio head unit which is like an android tablet which has sat nav, bluetooth audio and calls, DVD play back etc...

Can anyone advise if They are worth getting and if they actually work? And which is the best 1 for value and quality.

They are for sale on eBay at £170-£300 some even have a reversing camera

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I haven't got one but from what I've heard they are ment to be a serious bit of kit. Obviously it varies between different brands but I've heard good things about the Eonan units, which many members on here seem to have fitted. Also they seem to provide relatively good aftersales should you need it. There is cheaper options on eBay but I've heard some of them having very long boot up times or crap screens with a lot of glare. If you get a decent one I'd say they are well worth the money. It's something I intend to invest before the end of the year.

you need to be really careful what you buy, I have an Eonon Unit and its fine but all of these types of head unit are essentially Chinese clones. the question is which ones are more reliable. if you get one off eBay, including Eonon Units which might not be eonon units, just rebadged crap, then you run the risk of getting something poor. Eonon wont give you support for such units, they will only support sales through their website.

My first Eonon unit developed a fault and they replaced it with an updated model, no hassle, no fuss. its been fine for the last 4 years or so!

I would highly recommend buying from a manufacture, something branded and from their site or an official distributor.  that does mean more £££ but you don't want to find out that the eBay selling you just purchased from is a complete nob.

• Like 2

Excellently put Dee and how I was going to answer.
I had an indepth chat with a long standing car hifi centre who loath the Chinese copies of head units. They've had 100% failure rates and can not Install them as they are troublesome.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tazzman600 said:

Excellently put Dee and how I was going to answer.
I had an indepth chat with a long standing car hifi centre who loath the Chinese copies of head units. They've had 100% failure rates and can not Install them as they are troublesome.

Thanks, 

The chap from the hifi centre is perhaps being a little harsh but i understand where his coming from, i expect that more Chinese knock off units are bad then good. Which is why i would highly recommend Eonon on another well known brand, they have something to lose where as a rebadged unit from some unknown eBay seller can get away with murder. whats a bad review when you sell 10,000s of items, percentages count for little if you are the 0.1%!  The one i have just now is fine and has worked for years, i don't use DVDs if I'm honest, i mean, who uses DVDs any more ;)  But i do use the BT extensively and less so recently, the GPS as well, i prefer my phone these days as it has traffic updates on it but as a backup its perfect and usually gets a better reception as well

I thought about getting one of these but was put off with the thought of a crap screen 

I have an Android Eonon unit that is very slow on start up.  I believe the newer units with 2gb of RAM are supposed to be a big improvement.  I wish i waited when I got mine ha.  

I have an Android Eonon unit that is very slow on start up.  I believe the newer units with 2gb of RAM are supposed to be a big improvement.  I wish i waited when I got mine ha.  
Are they easy to fit? And where did u buy yours from

Bought mine from www.eonon.co.uk (they have a UK warehouse).  Yeah they are fairly easy to fit, just plug in and play.  This is the video I used for a guide when I installed mine.  

Bought mine from www.eonon.co.uk (they have a UK warehouse).  Yeah they are fairly easy to fit, just plug in and play.  This is the video I used for a guide when I installed mine.  

Will they know which 1 will fit my Car? I have emailed them asking to be fair

The oval shape Ford radios will fit.  They have different radios for different cars, aswell as generic ones which I don't know much about.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club