Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Active City Stop

Furio101

Anyone had experience with active city stop?

So today I realised my car had active city stop! When a driver decided to pull out on me from a side road. I was very impressed with the system, it reacted and stopped the car about half a meter away from the other car. I was doing around 28mph, before I got chance to brake myself the car had totally stopped its self and a warning message on the dash said 'emergency city stop activated'. I wasn't even aware the car had this fitted and it saved me having a new bumper!

This is my first Ford and so far I am pretty impressed with.

16 hours ago, Furio101 said:

Anyone had experience with active city stop?

So today I realised my car had active city stop! When a driver decided to pull out on me from a side road. I was very impressed with the system, it reacted and stopped the car about half a meter away from the other car. I was doing around 28mph, before I got chance to brake myself the car had totally stopped its self and a warning message on the dash said 'emergency city stop activated'. I wasn't even aware the car had this fitted and it saved me having a new bumper!

This is my first Ford and so far I am pretty impressed with.

Good to know its working at 28mph! I've activated mine driving towards a bush before. Gave the passenger a bit of a shock!

You know if you have it because of the million sensors in the window where the rear view mirror is!

Yeh, i take it is for the rain sensors and city stop + another. Now i have to work out what the 3rd one is for! 

Someone on here must know what they are all for.....out of interest 

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/38627-mk3-focus-windscreen-sensor/

Mine activates when I pull up to my garage door, it seems to think I’m not going to stop in time ! 

Brakes work well lol