Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stumbling on idle fix

artscot79

so many people have the stumble on idle after trawling the net i believe ive found a fix.

first pop the hood open and look to the right behind the thermostat housing you will find a rubber hose that goes along and then bends to the rear of the engine now with the bonnet open start the car and go back and check this hos e it will either have collapsed or be pinched and is stopping the air getting through this needs replaced part number is xs4g-6n664-aa its a vacum hose that in the us is no9torious for collapsing apparently ford uk dont see it so the stumble is accepted as the way it is many ion the us have solved the idle by replacing this collapsed hose

location.look to the right and find the thermostat housing now look to the rear of it youll see a thin pipe with a rubber hose attatched follow that hose round to the back of the engine this is the hose it has a bend in it and will likely be soft and spongy it should be hard

removal is a pain but can be done from above the hard part is getting the spring clamp off a set of long nose pliers and some cursing will do the job then gently use a screwdriver to coax the other end off to refit you will need a small hose clampo and some wd40 put the engine side on first and tighten the clamp spray the other end with a dab of wd40 and push it on the pipe gently and youre done mines on order so will be opicking up and doing tomorrow

so many people have the stumble on idle after trawling the net i believe ive found a fix.

first pop the hood open and look to the right behind the thermostat housing you will find a rubber hose that goes along and then bends to the rear of the engine now with the bonnet open start the car and go back and check this hos e it will either have collapsed or be pinched and is stopping the air getting through this needs replaced part number is xs4g-6n664-aa its a vacum hose that in the us is no9torious for collapsing apparently ford uk dont see it so the stumble is accepted as the way it is many ion the us have solved the idle by replacing this collapsed hose

location.look to the right and find the thermostat housing now look to the rear of it youll see a thin pipe with a rubber hose attatched follow that hose round to the back of the engine this is the hose it has a bend in it and will likely be soft and spongy it should be hard

removal is a pain but can be done from above the hard part is getting the spring clamp off a set of long nose pliers and some cursing will do the job then gently use a screwdriver to coax the other end off to refit you will need a small hose clampo and some wd40 put the engine side on first and tighten the clamp spray the other end with a dab of wd40 and push it on the pipe gently and youre done mines on order so will be opicking up and doing tomorrow

i will have a look tonight and let you know if its a fix for me :P

did mine today took 10 minutes to do and stumble is gone it doesnt drop revs when slowing down or with the electrics on and it idles smoothly in fact now when you put all the electrics on it stays at 730-780rpm and doesnt drop down then pick back up

cant find this pipe, what does it connect? is it a vacuum pipe for the brakes or what?

cheers

stef

look to the termstat housing if you look directly at the rear of it youll find a small metal pipe with a rubber hose connected it runs to just below the intake popped into the rear of the engine if you stand at the passenger wing and look don below the gap between the fuse box and the intake and manifold yiou will see the rubber pipe its as thick as youre finger it comes out of the back of the engine then has a bend then runs straight to the pipe which runs under the thermostat housing its a vacum hose for the engine it eventually connects to the pcv valve

look to the termstat housing if you look directly at the rear of it youll find a small metal pipe with a rubber hose connected it runs to just below the intake popped into the rear of the engine if you stand at the passenger wing and look don below the gap between the fuse box and the intake and manifold yiou will see the rubber pipe its as thick as youre finger it comes out of the back of the engine then has a bend then runs straight to the pipe which runs under the thermostat housing its a vacum hose for the engine it eventually connects to the pcv valve

i think my engine is a bit different from yours.

If its the pipe that connects to the pcv valve then this is ok on my car, its all been checked and the valve was replaced not so long ago.

i think my engine is a bit different from yours.

If its the pipe that connects to the pcv valve then this is ok on my car, its all been checked and the valve was replaced not so long ago.

there are 2 pipes to the pcv first one is the one from the rear or front depending on engine of the engine that then goes into a metal pipe there is then a small rubber pipe that has a bend in it which then connects to the pcv valve either of these hoses can collapse or get holes in them mine was checked by my dealers my local ford garage and an auto electrician and not one noticed it so if you havent done it youreself i suggest you have a look heres a link so9 you can see for youreself http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...TPS&page=14

there are 2 pipes to the pcv first one is the one from the rear or front depending on engine of the engine that then goes into a metal pipe there is then a small rubber pipe that has a bend in it which then connects to the pcv valve either of these hoses can collapse or get holes in them mine was checked by my dealers my local ford garage and an auto electrician and not one noticed it so if you havent done it youreself i suggest you have a look heres a link so9 you can see for youreself http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...TPS&page=14

sounds alot different to mine... the pcv valve on mine is between the inlet manifold and the cylinder head area. all the connecting pipe work is within there too, nothing coming from behind the thermostat housing.

I checked it not so long ago, and replaced the valve, no difference im afraid :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club