Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Rattle

JamieeM1993

Hi guys, I’m really in need of some help.

long story short I have a mk7 fiesta black & red edition 1L Eco boost, the car runs fine and is really nippy! No performance issue what’s so ever! However I have such a bad engine rattle coming at idel and low revs. I have taken the car back to vosper as it’s under warranty and they have told me it’s a normal noise an Eco boost makes, yet I have taken it to another garage and they have told me it’s my turbo actuator rod rattling along with my fuel pressure regulator. Vospers have claimed that both parts are in full working condition therefore will not be replaced. 

I was was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and fixed it? I have attached a video I have found on YouTube that is the same issue I am experiencing... 

Thankyou in advance people. 

Hi,

I have the Red Edition which I bought from Vospers Exeter in July. It's 17 plate and was "pre-registered" with just 25 miles on the clock. My engine sounds absolutely identical to your video. It sounded like that from new and now at 3,000 miles it still sounds exactly the same. I don't think you need to worry ;-)

Thankyou for responding but mine didn’t sound anything like this when I took it off the forecourt from new. It’s only began since it’s hit 12’000 miles then it started making the noise in question .. is yours the 140PS?

Yes, I do have the 140PS. It's the Zetec-S Red Edition. Mine hasn't changed in sound at all since brand new (4 months ago). I'll get a video clip later with my phone if that will help ?  I do have a YouTube account.

Here's a video from my Red Edition 140PS:

1 hour ago, Matt Alsop said:

Here's a video from my Red Edition 140PS:

My 125PS sounds the same. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club