Do Not Sell My Personal Information

please help

stevenm141

can anyone help. i bought my wife a 2003 ford fusion 1.4 tdci on friday and all was ok until it refused to start. aa came and pumped diesel manually and the car started.

next day when driving on the motorway, the eac fail warning came on and the car died again. eventually aa towed the car home but when i got home, the car started no bother.

car ran fine next day, but later wouldn't start, i wiggled an electrical connection attached to the fuel lines, maybe the fuel cut off sensor, and the car burst into life.

now every time the car refuses to start, a quick wiggle and it starts again or starts when it feels like it without me touching the wiring. I went to ford and they wanted £134 for the fuel cut-off wiring loom and i have tried to source a used 1 but have had no luck

any ideas????

post-11730-1264010031_thumb.jpg

can anyone help. i bought my wife a 2003 ford fusion 1.4 tdci on friday and all was ok until it refused to start. aa came and pumped diesel manually and the car started.

next day when driving on the motorway, the eac fail warning came on and the car died again. eventually aa towed the car home but when i got home, the car started no bother.

car ran fine next day, but later wouldn't start, i wiggled an electrical connection attached to the fuel lines, maybe the fuel cut off sensor, and the car burst into life.

now every time the car refuses to start, a quick wiggle and it starts again or starts when it feels like it without me touching the wiring. I went to ford and they wanted £134 for the fuel cut-off wiring loom and i have tried to source a used 1 but have had no luck

any ideas????

I had a fairly similar occurence, whereby I too had bought a car on friday (spookie :ph34r: ) It died, however it would seem (touch wood) to be a case of an airpocket or blockage in the fuel line, as the car starts fine everytime.

Apparently (according to a ford engineer), if the car runs low on fuel this can cause the blockage, which kicked in the immobilizor (which is why mine would'nt start) and by squeezing the black rubber valve (looking at engine & on left hand side), this should be hard apparently, and by leaving the car overnight the blockage seemed to clear itself.

In your case it sounds very much like an electrical fault ?. Have you tried a reputable local non-ford engineer , as i'd imagine a fair chunk of the £134 is labour ?.

I had a fairly similar occurence, whereby I too had bought a car on friday (spookie :ph34r: ) It died, however it would seem (touch wood) to be a case of an airpocket or blockage in the fuel line, as the car starts fine everytime.

Apparently (according to a ford engineer), if the car runs low on fuel this can cause the blockage, which kicked in the immobilizor (which is why mine would'nt start) and by squeezing the black rubber valve (looking at engine & on left hand side), this should be hard apparently, and by leaving the car overnight the blockage seemed to clear itself.

In your case it sounds very much like an electrical fault ?. Have you tried a reputable local non-ford engineer , as i'd imagine a fair chunk of the £134 is labour ?.

forgot to mention that there does seem to be some air in the system and the fuel pump is always soft.

• 4 months later...

I bought my Ford Fiesta in October 2006 (ex mobility car) it's an 02 plate. I've had the EAC Fail problem for the last 4 years, been backwards and forwards to my local Ford dealer several times over the last 4 years and forked out alot of money in repairs. I am still having the same problem. My car is not only now losing power but also completey cutting out - very dangerous if travelling on the motorway! I've written to Ford Motor Company twice over the last 4 years, they deny all knowledge of this being a 'common problem' so are unwilling to help me. Despite the fact that there are various website forums with owners experiencing the same problem. I don't enjoy driving my car anymore and feel anxious every time I get in it. I have recently been in touch with Trading Standards who have been extremely helpful and advised me of my legal rights as a consumer. I have also recently written to BBC Watchdog. My car went in for repair (yet again) on 14/06/10 and failed the following day. This is causing me a great deal of stress and inconvenience. I would urge everyone with the same problem to write to Ford Motor Company and/or contact your local Trading Standards. All I want is a reliable car that is SAFE to drive !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club