Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Bluetooth Module - Faulty? Setting incorrect? No Aux / Phone Function

duffy1807

Guys I am hoping someone can help me out. I am trying to do the USB conversation for my fiesta but keep hitting brick walls.

I have taken out my old bluetooth module  without USB (which works fine) inc Aux / Phone function on my car and replaced it with bluetooth module  With USB.

Once replaced, my radio work's however AUX or PHONE function does not. I thought it would be due to incorrect parameters on vehicle, however I have changed 3 parameters on the car from previous post's to enable USB function using Forscan, but I still seem to have a problem where I cannot use AUX or PHONE function with the new module.

• AUX does nothing
  • PHONE comes on with a screen that says *MUTE*

The new module came from salvage, 2010 plate and my car is a 58 plate,  still uses the same large plug connection.

Am I missing something here? Do I need to reset do something to make the vehicle see the new module or is it "dead" ? 

Thanks all.

Hi Toxic.

The modules new and old are as below side by side. 

Am so confused.. is the car not compatible with the new Module ? .could it be sonething to do with ( the new module having a different usb connection). I have purchased this cable too. 

20171107_142722.jpg

20171107_142733.jpg

16 minutes ago, duffy1807 said:

Hi Toxic.

The modules new and old are as below side by side. 

Am so confused.. is the car not compatible with the new Module ? .could it be sonething to do with ( the new module having a different usb connection). I have purchased this cable too. 

20171107_142722.jpg

20171107_142733.jpg

What you are showing here should all be working (as far as im aware) put the old module back in and see if bluetooth works, that might be able to help us troubleshoot.

34 minutes ago, ToXIcG said:

What you are showing here should all be working (as far as im aware) put the old module back in and see if Bluetooth works, that might be able to help us troubleshoot.

The old one module is in and bluetooth seems to be working fine ?  I have just noticed (as i csn press aux) on the old one thriugh the menu i now have IPOD / BT AUDIO / USB in their too.

Seems strange i cannot acces this with new module.

1510076074457171756666.jpg

44 minutes ago, duffy1807 said:

The old one module is in and bluetooth seems to be working fine ?  I have just noticed (as i csn press aux) on the old one thriugh the menu i now have IPOD / BT AUDIO / USB in their too.

Seems strange i cannot acces this with new module.

1510076074457171756666.jpg

Yes it's very strange, you should have this with both modules(because of the settings you changed), maybe now try putting the other one back in and see if it's there.

Still not working. However i have found something strange but interesting.  (possibly bad), but Their is a clip at the back of the cables plug that you pull over which goes into the module. 

when in the new module if you only pull over half way I can hear music through aux port. 

if you plug the whole cable in the whole thing goes off :/.

Is the bad cabling ? 

My old module works fully plugged in . which is strange. 

48 minutes ago, duffy1807 said:

Still not working. However i have found something strange but interesting.  (possibly bad), but Their is a clip at the back of the cables plug that you pull over which goes into the module. 

when in the new module if you only pull over half way I can hear music through aux port. 

if you plug the whole cable in the whole thing goes off :/.

Is the bad cabling ? 

My old module works fully plugged in . which is strange. 

This is strange, I didn't know the bluetooth module had anything to do with aux (but I guess it kinda makes sense) 

The only thing I would've suggested is maybe a broken pin on the new module but from the pictures, it looks fine.

Am totally lost just seems like a faulty board. 

Ive decided to take them apart to compare them to see if its an obvious issue with pins or connections. 

But they all seem okay? 

20171107_202901.jpg

20171107_202808.jpg

20171107_202754.jpg

If you plug it in half way does the phone button still just say mute?

I'd maybe see if you can get a refund, if for example the seller claimed it was working when you bought it?

(I know we don't know for sure it's the module but it certainly seems like it.)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club