Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Price Hike

Findlay

It seems the price of the new Fiesta has just gone up without anyone noticing. The 1.0 basic Zetec 5 dr now lists at about £400 more  than in October at £15,895. Haven't hear any reports about this and a bit surprised in the light of poor sales figures generally.  

1 hour ago, isetta said:

someone will blame it on Brexit

Theresa might have something to do with it lol. From my thoughts it could be due to the sales or the time of year; people might treat themselves or a close one for Christmas. 

New cars that are selling well usually get a price hike shortly after launch. Ford will have wanted to get a few on the road (hence the introductory price) so people started seeing them and wanting them (I'm definitely not one - it's butt ugly and Ford are a joke).

Also, the 2.5% price rise isn't dissimilar to the rate of inflation either.

FIAT and the 500X is another example. When it launched, the prices actually decreased as it wasn't selling because of the shambolic (and near silent) launch that FIAT gave it.  However, nearly two years on, once FIAT put effort into it and started targeting rental companies with dirt cheap deals, it started selling.  You see quite a few on the road now and suddenly the price went up because it was desirable. The equipment levels also became less favourable too because they could still shift them.

It's just the economics of business.

there was a general £500 a car price rise across all models except the mondeo , mondeo went down.

Don't forget the exchange rate. Most Ford cars for our market are built in mainland Europe and imported / paid for in Euro. The pound has weakened against the Euro which will cause a price rise in anything we import.

I wasn't aware of the across the range price increase. The practice I described is not uncommon though.

I recently heard from a reliable source that there is now a charge to release a car from factory due to Brexit. £400 for fiesta, £500 for focus and so on.

2 hours ago, Ams said:

I recently heard from a reliable source that there is now a charge to release a car from factory due to Brexit. £400 for fiesta, £500 for focus and so on.

Reliable source my *****, sounds like crap to me. No laws or trade deals have actually changed yet, don't see how there's suddenly a new charge to pay when we're still in the EU.

• Like 1

Reliable source is a Trustford Dealer who I'm purchasing a new car from. Ford have introduced this charge already while they wait and see what deal we get..

there not exacatly telling the truth . as mariner has already pointed out , its down to the exchange rates. theres recently been a 10% fall in the value of the pound and ford have obviously been absorbing as much of the fall in value as possible but felt the need to reflect the slide with an additional price rise of around 2.5 %
call it a charge or increase or what ever and blame brexit or not. its a direct reflection of currency rates which have been on the slide for over 2 years

This happens all the time on every new car release from every manufacturer.

Launch at one price and get all the press coverage at that price. Then hike the price. The very base model for the "from only" figures doesn't normally stay around long either.

Looking at the new price list wef 1November I see the list price of the ST Line X which I have on order is up £450 to £19395 so I guess we could be looking at the new ST starting at £20k plus when it comes?

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Looking at the new price list wef 1November I see the list price of the ST Line X which I have on order is up £450 to £19395 so I guess we could be looking at the new ST starting at £20k plus when it comes?

The basic ST-1 will at least be under £20k, to get the "from" figures looking good in all the press releases and news stories.

The ST-Line X has a lot of kit on it, the ST-1 won't have.

Most people will opt for ST-2 and ST-3, assuming they carry over which will no doubt be over £20k.

As is usually the case, the ST-1 will then probably be dropped in the next 12 months.

Gotta wonder who buys an ST1...  I can understand people buying poverty models with cheap engines...but why an ST with no spec!?

It'll also be impossible to sell used, there's been a Mk7 ST1 locally on eBay for months... :unsure: 

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Gotta wonder who buys an ST1...  I can understand people buying poverty models with cheap engines...but why an ST with no spec!?

It'll also be impossible to sell used, there's been a Mk7 ST1 locally on ebay for months... :unsure: 

Track cars?

ST1 is only there for the "from only" price in adverts/ press releases. They don't expect people to buy them.

Same as the style, etc.

If you look at a price list towards the end of a cars life, the base models have usually been dropped.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Track cars?

Do people buy brand new Fiestas purely for track?  I thought the point of a modern hot hatch track car was that you could use it daily during the week then thrash it around at the weekend?  Seems like a lot of money for something to rarely use otherwise.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Do people buy brand new Fiestas purely for track?  I thought the point of a modern hot hatch track car was that you could use it daily during the week then thrash it around at the weekend?  Seems like a lot of money for something to rarely use otherwise.

Oh I agree,  and also agree that it seems strange to buy a fun car without the equally fun and practical extras. Maybe people who can only "just" afford a ST buy the ST1s (of course have to wonder about their ability to service and insure if that's the case). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alexp999 said:

ST1 is only there for the "from only" price in adverts/ press releases. They don't expect people to buy them.

Same as the style, etc.

If you look at a price list towards the end of a cars life, the base models have usually been dropped.

Very true - for about 10 years I was involved in acquiring vehicles for a large fleet and even the Ford guys used to refer to certain models as "price list cars" ie that was the only place you ever saw one!

Don't think I've ever come across an ST 1 in the flesh as it were, and recall that when it did come out not only was it low basic spec but the available options were very limited also. I think to get climate control for example, you had to move up to ST 2 just  to be able to order it as an option, then they finally brought out the ST 3 which had it as standard.

Bit like a focus electric. That's on price list but you can't get one.

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

Bit like a focus electric. That's on price list but you can't get one.

It's only there to satisfy EU average emission targets.

The same as that Aston Martin Fiat 500 thing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club