1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

TomsFocus

Sudden Drop in MPG

13 hours ago, James said:

Tom don't know what your doing wrong with your tdci currently getting over 67 mpg on the trip and around 60 real life mpg with mine ha! Currently freezing out aswell! Mpg has dropped a bit since the summer and expect to fall a little bit further during the cold months.  

IMG_20171123_213942.jpg

And you've nearly double my mileage... :rolleyes:  I assume you do a lot more driving than I do lol.  Still on the original cDPF out of interest?

I'm surprised you've got such a large discrepancy between the trip computer and real life though, mines not far off, on my spreadsheet, 'TC MPG' is trip computer, it's only ever 1 or 2mpg out really, I reset it every fill.

13 hours ago, iantt said:

my petrol focus is getting better mpg than toms diesel. lol

That's hardly a major achievement atm... :laugh:  But does give me some reassurance that EcoBoost is the way to go next... :wink: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

And you've nearly double my mileage... :rolleyes:  I assume you do a lot more driving than I do lol.  Still on the original cDPF out of interest?

I'm surprised you've got such a large discrepancy between the trip computer and real life though, mines not far off, on my spreadsheet, 'TC MPG' is trip computer, it's only ever 1 or 2mpg out really, I reset it every fill.

That's hardly a major achievement atm... :laugh:  But does give me some reassurance that EcoBoost is the way to go next... :wink: 

Yep still on original cdpf. I do a fair bit of driving alright. No bother on the car though, it still runs well. I have to get the car serviced soon, nearly 7000 miles since last service. 

2 hours ago, james_60 said:

jeez i wish i could get 60+ MPG im jelous lol

hehehe whats your secret

Jamie

In this thread we all have measly 1.6s with considerably less power than your 2.0... :wink: :tongue:

Big part of it is mileage though, the major difference between mine and the decent MPG ones is the amount of miles they're covering each day.

Sometimes i wish i could press an economy button. especially when motorway cruising which i do a lot of lately

Jamie

Turns out that for whatever reason, that alternator was ***** my MPG, now hitting 61 from 54.  

edit: wow, that's a new one, since when was the action of using a screwdriver a naughty word!?

Well, that's almost a personal worst for MPG I think, just glad it didn't quite drop into the 40s!  Just filled up with BP so we'll see if there's any difference there but I doubt it.  It was only a penny more expensive than Sainsburys today BUT I had a BP triple nectar points voucher so it's actually half a penny cheaper with that lol.

IMG_20171207_141930438.jpg