Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight bulb coming loose

wilto
聽Share

Has anyone else had issues with the headlight bulb coming loose, mine was loose when I took it for MOT 3 week's ago, when I got home I repositioned the bulb and pushed the retainer back on but the retainer seemed loose. Can I buy these separate, or do I need a new headlight assembly. TIA guys 馃憤

Never come across that before, hopefully one of guys that is/was a mechanic for a living will have come across it @iantt:biggrin:

21 hours ago, rs200 said:

Try swapping the retainer clips around then you will know for sure聽

It's not a clip as such, more of an electrical connector that has two slots in it that slide into guide lugs on the headlight unit, there is a tab that locks the bulb in place this is where my problems lie, as it doesn't make a positive click when I depress it.

Here is a picture of the plug, you can see the push down tab with the curved lines on it

Screenshot_20171111-232443.png

• 5 weeks later...

Hi wilto, did you get this sorted? When I recently replaced my bulbs I noticed the little piece you have to press to release the bulb retainer assembly on the bottom of your pic was broken which would allow it to vibrate loose. It looks like the whole connector can be replaced but i've had no luck finding one so far.

I did a Google and found a guy selling one on eBay for 拢8 plus postage, originally 拢25, but on further investigation I could not see where the wires on the other end of the clip attaches to, if you take the headlight unit out you'll see what I mean, i think I have managed to get the connector to clip tight now, I think, hasn't come loose since, 馃 I'll see if I can find the part for you.

聽Found it, type in 1758231 into Google or eBay and you will find the connector聽

Engineering Part Number:
8M51-14370-BA
As you can see there are two spade connectors on the end of the wire's, I couldn't see where these went as the headlight unit is sealed. Perhaps someone knows where and how they are attached

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club