Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEED NEW CAR, NEED NEW ADVICE FIRST ???

Focus57

Hi people,

For those of you in the know I need some advice before I purchase my next car. My 57 1.8 TDCI (113bhp) is coming to an end. I have owned the car for 5 years now and it used it for minicabbing. Car has done 285,000 miles and now when I come to think of it it has been a great car and never let me down.

The issue I have is what car do I buy next ??? I am no mechanic and every mechanic I speak to says they don't make em like mine anymore ??? So am struggling as to what car to get next. Everbody tells me to avoid at all costs the 1.6,2.0,2.2 PSA units. I would love another 1.8 TDCI however it appears Ford stopped putting them in Focus in 2011?? A good condition 2011 model would be ideal however are these fitted with DPF'S????  Am told Ford no longer uses PSA units and now has its own developed 1.5 2.0 diesel engines in the latest Focus model's  however are these engines any good ?????

Your knowledge,feedback and experiences would be very much appreciated before I make my new purchase.

Cheers to all that have read this.

Only the very latest Ford EcoBlues and 1.5 TDCi are not PSA engines.

Nothing wrong with the 2.0/2.2 TDCI PSA engine, more than any other engine.

It's only the early 1.6 TDCi DV6 engines which had oil starvation issues with the turbo.

23 hours ago, Focus57 said:

Hi people,

For those of you in the know I need some advice before I purchase my next car. My 57 1.8 TDCI (113bhp) is coming to an end. I have owned the car for 5 years now and it used it for minicabbing. Car has done 285,000 miles and now when I come to think of it it has been a great car and never let me down.

The issue I have is what car do I buy next ??? I am no mechanic and every mechanic I speak to says they don't make em like mine anymore ??? So am struggling as to what car to get next. Everbody tells me to avoid at all costs the 1.6,2.0,2.2 PSA units. I would love another 1.8 TDCI however it appears Ford stopped putting them in Focus in 2011?? A good condition 2011 model would be ideal however are these fitted with DPF'S????  Am told Ford no longer uses PSA units and now has its own developed 1.5 2.0 diesel engines in the latest Focus model's  however are these engines any good ?????

Your knowledge,feedback and experiences would be very much appreciated before I make my new purchase.

Cheers to all that have read this.

Ok cheers for that, any idea what year it was sorted for 1.6 ??? What they done to rectify problem ???

23 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Only the very latest Ford EcoBlues and 1.5 TDCi are not PSA engines.

Nothing wrong with the 2.0/2.2 TDCI PSA engine, more than any other engine.

It's only the early 1.6 TDCi DV6 engines which had oil starvation issues with the turbo.

Ok cheers for that, any idea what year it was sorted for 1.6 ??? What they done to rectify problem ???

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, Focus57 said:

I think they moved the oil feed pipe away from the Dpf as the oil was getting cooked resulting in carbon build up. I don't know a great deal on it but I think from 2011 in the mk 3 focus when it switched to 8v 115 Ps output. I have a 2008 focus 1.6tdci 90 version which escaped the dpf (this is not the case on all 90 versions as I've seen some advertised with) & doesn't have the same issues with turbo, it was more of a 110 problem I'm led to believe.

• Like 1

110ps model oil feed pipe moved and gauze filter removed around 2008.  Fewer turbo issues caused by oil starvation.

Better DPF fitted 2009.  Fewer turbo issues caused by blocked DPFs.

Engine changed to 8 valve 115ps model 2011 Mk3.  No more turbo issues.

90ps model got the newer cDPF fitted from around 2009.

The mk2 facelift 1.8TDCi doesn't have a DPF even on 11 plate.  The engine wasn't good enough for the next set of emmisions regs so they dropped it completely in 2011 rather than adding a DPF.

Personally I'd go with the 2.0TDCI, but it does come with a DPF so may not be ideal if you only do short runs minicabbing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

110ps model oil feed pipe moved and gauze filter removed around 2008.  Fewer turbo issues caused by oil starvation.

Better DPF fitted 2009.  Fewer turbo issues caused by blocked DPFs.

Engine changed to 8 valve 115ps model 2011 Mk3.  No more turbo issues.

90ps model got the newer cDPF fitted from around 2009.

The mk2 facelift 1.8TDCi doesn't have a DPF even on 11 plate.  The engine wasn't good enough for the next set of emmisions regs so they dropped it completely in 2011 rather than adding a DPF.

Personally I'd go with the 2.0TDCI, but it does come with a DPF so may not be ideal if you only do short runs minicabbing.

Cheers Pal

I think the 1.8 TDCI engine was dropped around 2009 as it didn't meet Euro 5 emissions.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club