Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Light knocking whilst decelerating

Hello, I'm new so please forgive me if this has already been covered a million times before. 

So, I just purchased a 2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec S, test drove it, no knocking, clangs or bangs. Two days later I'm getting a dainty metallic knocking when I'm decelerating. For example I'm in 3rd gear, I'm doing 25mph and I take my foot off the accelerator and engine braking... There is a rhythmitic knocking, the speed of the knocking is equivalent to the speed of the car. It doesn't happen when I'm on the accelerator only when I'm off it. 

I know it could a million different things and you'd need to hear it to diagnose it, but hopefully there's somebody with or had the same problem. 

Also whilst I'm here let me ask another Q. 

When I'm braking the pedal feels lumpy and when I'm slowing to almost a stop the car jerks (through the brakes), I'm guessing this could be a warped disc? 

Hopefully just a driveshaft, if it is, that can cause the lumpy braking as well.

It could also be the gearbox (well, the diff) but that's a much bigger/more expensive repair.

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Hopefully just a driveshaft, if it is, that can cause the lumpy braking as well.

It could also be the gearbox (well, the diff) but that's a much bigger/more expensive repair.

Thanks for replying, I'll take it to the garage monday. But at least now I have an idea, thanks. 

I'll reply to this thread when I know what it is, as whilst I was searching google for the answer, all the other threads are unanswered and it's so frustrating. 

On 11/11/2017 at 5:30 AM, XOAdez said:

Hello, I'm new so please forgive me if this has already been covered a million times before. 

So, I just purchased a 2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec S, test drove it, no knocking, clangs or bangs. Two days later I'm getting a dainty metallic knocking when I'm decelerating. For example I'm in 3rd gear, I'm doing 25mph and I take my foot off the accelerator and engine braking... There is a rhythmitic knocking, the speed of the knocking is equivalent to the speed of the car. It doesn't happen when I'm on the accelerator only when I'm off it. 

I know it could a million different things and you'd need to hear it to diagnose it, but hopefully there's somebody with or had the same problem. 

Also whilst I'm here let me ask another Q. 

When I'm braking the pedal feels lumpy and when I'm slowing to almost a stop the car jerks (through the brakes), I'm guessing this could be a warped disc? 

In reply to my own question, here was my problem. 

The knocking I experienced was due to a broke spring, the speed bumps in my area are those new ridiculously high/sharp black boxes that all have scrapes and gouges from all the poor ***** that are a little too low. It must have broken going over those (Not fast, I always slow down to around 10/15mph. Any faster and you're looking to break something). 

And in regards to the brakes causing the car to jerk... According to the garage my front pads were down to below 25% (Thank you previous owner). 

All in including labour it cost £150

Brakes - £60 Spring - £90 (inc Labour)