Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse camera advice''again''

jace1969

Im still trying to get another reverse camera to work in place of the Genuine ford one i have that have gone dead but no luck as ford connections are Fakra

and so hard,tried converter etc.

What i need to know is will the New reverse camera off a facelift model fit 2015 as mine is all in one and the facelift one joins onto the camera.

The camera lead for the Facelift one (picture of camera below) what are the connectors like that come from it so i could join them,been offered a camera with no lead.

image.thumb.png.b0ceee81266abe8126f694c441fad569.png

Just out of interest, what colour are the wires going into the connector that is on the end of the cars original wiring loom?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is my camera,one so you can just see the wires and the stupid design that they have done with the camera apart,it clips in with the pins but the dam

camera is sealed so you have to break it open.

Any advice where i could get a second hand one from as the new ones are stupid money and this is why its come off the car..price £170 Trust ford.

I keep getting the blue screen everytime i go into reverse and its becoming a pain.

The part number of the one i can have is............ford p/n:F1ct-19g490-bb.

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

On your display do you have proximity lines and the lines that move when you turn the wheel? Also, do you have a picture of the wires that are soldered into the back of the Fakra connector? The plug that is attached to the cars wiring, not the wiring that comes from the camera

This is the 2 pics of the wires and the main car loom,i have tried all stuff i can think of,i have the lines on my camera that was on the car working it tells you the gap

you have left etc,i have a cheap camera and tried it with 2 connectors to convert the Fakra but i just get a rolling picture,all earthed off the original wires and tested.

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

I reckon the best thing to do is to buy a wiring diagram for your car, unless you can find one for free. I was trying to identify the wire but the setup is nowhere near like mine. Here is a picture of my connector and then a picture after I cut off the connector and checked the wiring before I made it permanent with solder and het shrink980b62d31566f48b9f1a4b117ad6ee22.jpgb3c66197b340ccbe4bcd7ce84e533841.jpg

For all the hassle it’s been I would just learn to look over my shoulder lol. It’s not a big car and the rear is relatively flat

It was on the car when i brought it i did not have it fitted,when i had the car it was playing up so got a new one under my cover but 3 years down the line

its gone again,i wont buy one as that's why its all apart and put a blank over the hole as i never looked at it a lot just go off the Beeps mainly.

I was just seeing if anyone have ever converted it and also trying to get the blue screen to go off the mirror when i go into reverse.

Thanks for the help.

I see, I thought you wanted to put it back on. If you knew which wire was the trigger wire them you could just snip that and it will be sorted. Is the mirror a ‘dipping’ mirror? If not then you could just find the wires going to the mirror and get rid of them.

My camera wasn’t a factory fit one, put it in from scratch. Works like the factory one should but had a price tag of just £30 including camera, wires, modified ELM327 cable and coding

20 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I see, I thought you wanted to put it back on. If you knew which wire was the trigger wire them you could just snip that and it will be sorted. Is the mirror a ‘dipping’ mirror? If not then you could just find the wires going to the mirror and get rid of them.

My camera wasn’t a factory fit one, put it in from scratch. Works like the factory one should but had a price tag of just £30 including camera, wires, modified ELM327 cable and coding

Couldn't the trigger wire be easily found with a multimeter?

• Like 1

I would say so, it wouldn’t be hard. But where does it originate from, that’s what I’m not sure about. That why it would be easier to just snip the wires at the mirror, save a lot of messing about.

• Like 1

I have tested all the wires and know what every wire is for (live off ignition/live when in reverse/earth) and the Fakra is for picture which is 2 wires(inner core and outer)

See this other camera what i have been offered but off the newer fiesta i was going to cut the wires on mine and attach the plug/wire for the facelift one.

I do have a cheap £14 which i will have a mess with again.

Figuring out the power wires and the trigger wire is easy and I’d say you have them right, it’s the video wires that are wrong. So whatever way you have the video wires, try reversing them

Thinking about it, the picture with rolling lines, is it black and white also? I wonder if we have a PAL/NTSC problem. With the camera open, can you read any numbers off the microchips on the circuit board?

• Like 2

Now you’re thinking, that hadn’t even crossed my mind!

2 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Now you’re thinking, that hadn’t even crossed my mind!

The problem is modern TVs will simply support both input types (auto detect). My parents Sony TV will tell you the input format if you press the Info button, but my own TV won't go into that much detail.

Have you tried the camera on a normal monitor/TV?

It’s not my camera, @jace1969 is the OP having the problems. You are on to a good line of thinking though

On 11/14/2017 at 4:18 AM, Micro said:

Thinking about it, the picture with rolling lines, is it black and white also? I wonder if we have a PAL/NTSC problem. With the camera open, can you read any numbers off the microchips on the circuit board?

Mate i think you are very close here as you can make out the picture but it does look Black and white,you can see its a picture and the item it looks at very slight

but keep rolling and that is when the wires i have cut and joined both way just for the picture so now thinking is the camera the problem being very chap £12.

If there is a number on the camera somewhere you may have luck in googling it, and finding identical product numbers to tell you whether it is pal or ntsc.

Unfortunately eBay sellers appear to be either not in the know, or outright lying, as I ordered a PAL camera and ended up with an NTSC one, as the seller messed up. 

On 11/15/2017 at 6:24 PM, Micro said:

If there is a number on the camera somewhere you may have luck in googling it, and finding identical product numbers to tell you whether it is pal or ntsc.

Unfortunately eBay sellers appear to be either not in the know, or outright lying, as I ordered a PAL camera and ended up with an NTSC one, as the seller messed up. 

Never thought of this,here is the eBay link but reading it the item says both which is weird.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170Â-Car-Night-Vision-Rear-View-Reversing-Backup-HD-IR-CCD-Camera-Waterproof-UK/252881778346?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club