Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uneven tyre wear?

Can someone tell me what could be causing this/ is this normal or?

Inside of my tyre is looking balder by the day, where as the outside looks normal? Cars only done 12.5k miles and the other front tyre doesnt look like this. 

Any help appreciated. 

tyre 2.jpg

tyre 3.jpg

tyre1.jpg

The outside edge looks low as well in that picture.  Tyre pressures might be too low to do both edges like that, but outer edge wear can just be caused by roundabots and lots of town turns rather than straight motorways.  But there's definitely a problem with the inside, either the wheel alignment is off or the camber is.  Seem to remember you hit a kerb a while back, did you get the alignment checked afterwards?  And have you got lowering springs or still at standard height?

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The outside edge looks low as well in that picture.  Tyre pressures might be too low to do both edges like that, but outer edge wear can just be caused by roundabots and lots of town turns rather than straight motorways.  But there's definitely a problem with the inside, either the wheel alignment is off or the camber is.  Seem to remember you hit a kerb a while back, did you get the alignment checked afterwards?  And have you got lowering springs or still at standard height?

Hit a pothole and got 1 tyre changed and tracking re done, car was drifting to one side for a few months after that, the new tyre i got was different from others but they tried switching it to different sides of car / front and back. I have stock suspension. It could be pressure, ill go to garage and see

Tracking might not have been done right if it was drifting, or did it drift the other way when the new tyre was put on the other side?  You could've bent the shock on the pothole causing too much camber on that side, that also causes excess edge wear.  You will need to keep an eye on that very inner edge though, as soon as the cords start showing it'll be illegal - 3 points and a fine for that now iirc. 

This happened on my Fiesta with a bent shock...the sidewall cut happened separately lol.  Stupid low profile tyres! :dry:

IMG_20160624_143814728.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club