Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Records

ferguswalker

Recently purchased a Ford Cmax 1.6 DCi from a reputable leasing firm - was used by my brother-in-law who works for a Government agency who lease cars for their staff. Full service history, serviced by a Ford main dealer.

A few weeks ago a warning light appeared on the dash. Took it to a Ford dealer near where I live to be told that the fault lay with the DPF which should have been renewed during ther 75k service but had not been replaced. The service history book is fully stamped by the Ford dealer. Replacement of this DPF will cost over £1k. Rather annoyed with lease company who have offered £250! This does not even cover the cost of the service at my local dealer who diagnosed the problem in the first place!

Isn't it fraudulent to stamp a service register when the work has not been done. Can anyone offer any advice as to how to persuade the leasing company to get this work done?

• 2 weeks later...

if the part is in the service schedule as having to be replaced at 75k and that service is stamped and it wasnt replaced then it is fraudulent and trading standards will tell you the same talk to the dealership that serviced the car at 75k first and tell them the situation and that you want it done free as it should have been done at the service it could be the lease company was advised but refused the work they may argue that the part was checked and not needing replaced ide ask trading standards where you stand and as it was a lease car it wouldnt surprise me if they knew the part was needing replaced but didnt want to get a new one fitted as they were intending on selling it anyway. if the car was over 2k purchase price then the law states under the sale of goods act ammended 1979 that the item must be fit for the purpose and free from major mechanical defect for 3-6 months depending due to the cost of the repair its not fit for its purpose i would call ford find out the situation then call the lease company and ask them to get it fixed if they refuse ide say that you were advised to give them a call by trading standards and that they will be taking the case on under your behalf under the said act as they knowingly sold a faulty vehicle with a major mechanical defect

if the part is in the service schedule as having to be replaced at 75k and that service is stamped and it wasnt replaced then it is fraudulent and trading standards will tell you the same talk to the dealership that serviced the car at 75k first and tell them the situation and that you want it done free as it should have been done at the service it could be the lease company was advised but refused the work they may argue that the part was checked and not needing replaced ide ask trading standards where you stand and as it was a lease car it wouldnt surprise me if they knew the part was needing replaced but didnt want to get a new one fitted as they were intending on selling it anyway. if the car was over 2k purchase price then the law states under the sale of goods act ammended 1979 that the item must be fit for the purpose and free from major mechanical defect for 3-6 months depending due to the cost of the repair its not fit for its purpose i would call ford find out the situation then call the lease company and ask them to get it fixed if they refuse ide say that you were advised to give them a call by trading standards and that they will be taking the case on under your behalf under the said act as they knowingly sold a faulty vehicle with a major mechanical defect

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club