Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav SD card

JakRyan

Hi Guys, 

I recently bought a 14 reg mk3 titanium navigator, I'm really pleased with it so I wanted to update the sat nav to the latest update. 

I bought an mfd sd card matching the year it specifies with my car off eBay, I put it in my sat nav system but it said "data error check SD card".

I informed the seller and he confirmed the card was the correct one for my car, he said it could be a something wrong with the card so I sent it back and I was sent a replacement.

The second card is doing the same thing, before I send it back I wanted to know if anyone had experienced this error and was able to get it working.

thanks

You usually get that message when the card is removed and reinserted while the system is active
Make sure the ignition is off and try again.
It is also possible that it's not the correct card for your system.
If you can post up an image of your radio and state what data version (V5, F5, F6, etc) and card version (FM5T********* etc) we can see if it matches ok.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, this is my system and the card I bought.

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_2497.JPG

Looks right to me.
Do you have the older card to check if the error message clears?

Yes I've got the old card and the system works fine after putting it back in.

is F17 similar to the F cards I've seen that fit the later models? 

IMG_2520.JPG

41 minutes ago, JakRyan said:

Yes I've got the old card and the system works fine after putting it back in.

is F17 similar to the F cards I've seen that fit the later models? 

IMG_2520.JPG

I dont know but I have focus 2012 mk3 with basic sat nat , all display looks like yours and this card works ok. it cost 45 on eBay.
check if you have sync or only USB bluetooth and aux system

Ok thanks again for the reply, I'll check.

20 hours ago, JakRyan said:

Ok thanks again for the reply, I'll check.

check and let me know will try to help :) but if you dont have sync then im sure f7 will be ok

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-NONTOUCH-SCREEN-SONY-SAT-NAV-MAP-2017-NAVIGATION-SD-CARD-V7-EM5T19H449DAE-/142561949422?hash=item21315ab6ee

This is a picture of my sd card that I updated direct from Ford. I have a 2013 focus titanium with sat nav. 

IMG_20171115_141002.jpg

Thanks for all the replies, I'm thinking either the cards I were sent were faulty or have missing/incorrect files (looking at  Marlin66's photo as it looks identical) or I need one like what Mastachaz linked in his post. 

I've sent the card back so I'm going  try the one Mastachaz posted and if that doesn't work I'll go directly to ford.

I'll update when I have the correct card.

Thanks again

• Thanks 1

Be aware that many of these SD-cards that are offered on eBay are cheap Chinese copies. 

The Ford MFD satnav system is developed by Ford and Bosch/Blaupunkt and uses the very good Bosch/Blaupunkt copy protection. This protection is based on the CID number of the SD-card. The Bosch/Blaupunkt copy protection basically has the CID number encrypted into the files on the SD-card. Until today this encryption was never decrypted. The CID number is different for every SD-card.  The Ford MFD system compares the actual CID number of the SD-card with the encrypted number of the files on the SD-card. The MFD system will only accept the SD-card if both numbers are a match.

These days many Chinese SD-card manufacturers offer cheap SD-cards with a custom CID number. For these SD-cards the customer can have the CID number he wants. This way it is perfectly possible to make a fully functional clone of an original Ford SD-card. Unfortunally the quality of the cheap Chinese SD-cards is usually questionable. 

15 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Be aware that many of these SD-cards that are offered on Ebay are cheap Chinese copies. 

The Ford MFD satnav system is developed by Ford and Bosch/Blaupunkt and uses the very good Bosch/Blaupunkt copy protection. This protection is based on the CID number of the SD-card. The Bosch/Blaupunkt copy protection basically has the CID number encrypted into the files on the SD-card. Until today this encryption was never decrypted. The CID number is different for every SD-card.  The Ford MFD system compares the actual CID number of the SD-card with the encrypted number of the files on the SD-card. The MFD system will only accept the SD-card if both numbers are a match.

These days many Chinese SD-card manufacturers offer cheap SD-cards with a custom CID number. For these SD-cards the customer can have the CID number he wants. This way it is perfectly possible to make a fully functional clone of an original Ford SD-card. Unfortunally the quality of the cheap Chinese SD-cards is usually questionable. 

I got one from eBay sold as genuine but who knows ? , working very good anyway.

You usually get that message when the card is removed and reinserted while the system is active
Make sure the ignition is off and try again.
It is also possible that it's not the correct card for your system.
If you can post up an image of your radio and state what data version (V5, F5, F6, etc) and card version (FM5T********* etc) we can see if it matches ok.

We have sent it to ford now thanks for the offer though. Much appreciate though

Sent from my T5_Lite using Tapatalk

• Like 1