• Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Tania33

Fiesta edge

I had my fiesta edge mot done yesterday i got in it tonight and it came up engine malfunction service now i turned the engine off and started it again andit never came on should i worry 

On 15/11/2017 at 12:15 AM, Tania33 said:

I had my fiesta edge mot done yesterday i got in it tonight and it came up engine malfunction service now i turned the engine off and started it again andit never came on should i worry 

This would be better in the Fiesta forum.

@Tania33

As stated above, best try a Fiesta forum, but an engine management light doesn’t normally spell the end of the world. For me if the light came on once and hasn’t repeated, I’d continue as normal. If it comes on again, I’d get it checked. It may have nothing at all to do with the MOT, just poor timing. 

I wouldn't worry. You could try using an OBD2 scanner. They're like £10 off ebay and amazon and a must have for diagnosing stuff. It will pay for itself after the first use, a garage might charge you £40 just for running a diagnosis.

If there was a fault then a code might appear when you run a scan, a quick google should being up some common causes.

There's no guarantees you'll get a code now the warning message has gone though.