Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta lights on buzzer not working

rimexboy

Hi

its my first post on here so pls be gentle,

My other half has a fiesta t reg its a 1.25 zetec and the lights on buzzer has stopped working.

She had a clutch fitted and we have no idea what the guy done but he said she needed a battery and we just got it done to get out of the place.

And its since then the interior light does not come on when you open the door and the lights on buzzer does not work.

The mrs is not very happy and im not very impressed the only thing i can think it might be is the door switches.

has any one any other suggestions please

many thanks for your help simon

I don't know much about car electrics, but the switches sound a good start as the problem is with both the lights and the buzzer. Are there any loose wires? Or maybe a fuse has blown.

I guess you don't want to take it back to the same garage but he should fix this for nowt as it seems it's his fault. You might have to get a pro in though...

• 7 months later...

any one else

A bit late I know, but I've had the same problem with my Fiesta 1.25 Ghia (2000 X reg).

The bulletin boards and haynes manual all talk about the door pillar switches and lights on warning buzzer relay in the central fuse box as items to check. I don't have the lights on buzzer warning relay pictured in the manual (I assume I had an upgraded central fuse box and the door pillar switches, whilst connected, don't actual do anything.

This ghia model has remote control central locking and uses a micro switch on the drivers door lock to activate the interior light and the lights on warning buzzer.

My problem turned out to a faulty door ajar switch located on the drivers door lock.

Remove the door trim, cut the mastic holding the protective plastic sheeting, remove the lock shield, unclip the lock operating rods and remove the door lock. Prise out the micro switch and replace.

Hope this help someone else, if not the original poster, as I posting 8 months later.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club