Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2007 electric window stuck down

oldboy22

My window has just stuck down at the bottom  When i press the up/down switch i can hear  the motor.So  is there anything i should be looking for inside the door that might help spot the problem  thanks

you will need to get the door card off and have a visual look at what has gone wrong, broken off, become disconnected, got jammed  etc.

Get the window motor out (easy job) and check the plastic cog on the spindle hasn't broke. That's what happened to mind, I'd stripped the whole door down before I found out.

52 minutes ago, Ticktock said:

Get the window motor out (easy job) and check the plastic cog on the spindle hasn't broke. That's what happened to mind, I'd stripped the whole door down before I found out.

Thanks   so its easy enough to get in there

"Thanks   so its easy enough to get in there"  , not really, you need to get the door card off without damaging anything.  In the old days these things were pretty easy and obvious, now it's all hidden fixings and it's hard to know where to start from just visually looking at the door card. See if you can find a youtube video of it (I have not checked)

there is a few videos on youtube of how to remove the door skin etc...

Just done it myself 2 days ago.

Good result today I thought the card came off quite easy  I was told not to pussyfoot when taking these snap on bits off you make more of a lash up doing that just a good tug.  Got to the motor and found the gear had split in its diameter I reckon i will oil and WD everything behind the other inner card before i clag on the"new" motor ,  thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club