Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta TPMS wrong value

merlin_gr

Hi guys, last week i got my brand new fiesta delivered. Although i knew it's equipped with Tpms, reading the manual i understood that it would only show a notification only if the tired lost its pressure and not the actual values. But on the car menu in the information tab i can see the tyre pressure as well. The problem is that, when i corrected the pressure after the delivery even though i reseted the system via the menu, i have got wrong pressures shown. I have 33psi at front and 28psi back but it shows 37psi and 30psi. I 've reseted the system and did what the manual says after reset ( driving for a while above a certain speed) but without luck. Any thoughts?

Have just checked mine. Two readings match. One reading 1 psi difference. One reading 2 psi difference. Is it possible your tyre pressure gauge is out. If I remember right you get a warning if your tyre pressure drops 5% so if you have a difference between actual and indicated you will still get the warning if you have a pressure drop which is the main thing.

Now I come to think of it I believe the pressure drop required for the warning to occur is 20%. This would give a drop of 6 psi on a 30 psi tyre. Where as 5% would be 1.5 psi. A bit to critical as a tyre could lose that on really cold day.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club