Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine bay ignition live

IRONMAN

Hi, I am fitting a drl relay harness on my 2008 pre facelift focus, but I cant find an ignition live in the engine bay. There is a pos and neg to the battery, and a blue wire to go to an ignition live. I am unfamiliar with piggy back fuses(apparently they have to be installed a certain way) and don't want to go through the firewall.  If possible I would like to tap an existing wire. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.   

The orange circled one is ignition live with delay when engine switched  off 30 sec or more as cooling fan

black circled is ignition live switches off when engine is i have fitted my drl’s on fogs lights in black and switchbacks in orange

FE2D449F-F7C6-4566-861E-DD09400926DD.jpeg

A5DCAEAE-EF89-4ECB-8AD7-15B2C679CAA5.jpeg

• Like 2

There will be loads of ignition lives beneth the engine bay fuse tray , just need a multimeter to find one.

Use a scotch lock to tap off the wire if you dont want to use a piggy back fuse carrier.

On 11/21/2017 at 10:18 AM, Loonytaz said:

The orange circled one is ignition live with delay when engine switched  off 30 sec or more as cooling fan

black circled is ignition live switches off when engine is i have fitted my drl’s on fogs lights in black and switchbacks in orange

FE2D449F-F7C6-4566-861E-DD09400926DD.jpeg

A5DCAEAE-EF89-4ECB-8AD7-15B2C679CAA5.jpeg

Very helpful thanks for the reply, I went for the piggy back option under the dash on the rear wiper fuse. Thanks again