• Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Steve71

Intermitant Non start, mondeo 1.8 tdci 07

Hiya guys, Recently bought a MK4 TDCi which has a very peculiar issue and was wondering if anyone on here has come across it, or knows how to solve it. Beautiful drive and all of the time it runs great however occasionally it just will not start... It never dies, once she's running the engine will go forever. I've had it tested and no faults come up however 'engine fault' does come up in the binnacle display. Leave for a few hours or overnight and she'll fire up straight away. Any ideas?

I have changed the immobiliser, just in case it was that but no dice. She turns over fine but no fuel is getting to the engine.

A warning being displayed on the dash display should generate a DTC/error code, however some codes aren't saved historically so once the error clears it's like it never happened.  Really you need to be able to read the codes whilst the error is displayed, I've got a MK2 Focus and can use a modified ELM cable and free software called Forscan to view/clear codes and do a few other things.  Not sure if Forscan works on a MK4 Mondeo, although a quick look online would no doubt answer that question.