Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting under the fiesta!

axesuso

Hi everyone!

I finally bought an induction kit for my fiesta. I chose the ITG from all, i feel its one of the best options. Ive been trying to install it but it is a real pain in the as*. Where the filter itself sits, there is a damn black box, that has to be relocated, but this ***** box has to mounting screws, one on top, and the other one on the bottom... that means, that you have to unscrew it from under the car and i don't know how to get there... 

Whats the best idea for this? i got a jack but i don't trust it, plus the jack its for swapping wheels...not going under the car. I was thinking of parking the car on a curb... not sure of what to do. Just need to remove this screw and im done!

Thanks!

Lol wait to you want to do a real car mod. Installing an induction kit is about as easy as it gets. I don't have an ecoboost so don't know what box you are on about, do you have a pic? There's a lot of black plastic enclosures on a modern car...

Don't you know anyone who might have a jack or I've seen these ramps that you can get where you drive the front or back of the car on giving good space to work under the car. You want to make sure everything is secured when working on a car for your safety 

I've ran a front or backwheel up onto a spare wheel in the past to get a height though I'm not sure i'd want to use a good alloy . getting up is tricky but can be done.

Spends £250 on an induction kit...won't spend a tenner on axle stands... :tongue: 

Not really sure how far under you've gotta go?  Probably get away with jacking it up and placing a wheel under the sill just in case the jack fails.  

@Luke4efc its just the itg induction kit for the 1.0 ecoboost, but its a little tricky coz the filter itselfs fits right under the headlamp so you need to unmount this, remove the old airbox filter, etc. And there is this small little black box thats right next to the washer deposit. Its in the middle of the induction kit setting so you just have to relocate it. No pics right not mate, sorry. 

@zain611 no mate. My friends are not into cars, and the one guy i know is an oldie toyota, that doesnt like modern cars, neither “helps” a lot lol, its sad...

@auldreekie hmmm i could try this. I already tried on a curb. The thing is that the front of the fiesta is so low... that there is hardly any place to be able to work. 

Thanks to all for your answers!

ive spoken to a mechanic friend too, that has elevator, if i cant do anything about it ill have to go to him... :( at least the job will be done proper and securely  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club