Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

If you could have any car

Stevesixty7

What would it be? Mine would be a Nissan GT-R, super quick ( 0-60 in 2.6 seconds ) nice looking, and practical. What a car for the money, around 80k. Yes it's a lot of money, but way cheaper than cars of similar performance. Way out of my league unfortunately.

Aston Martin DB11 as a happy medium.

Rolls Royce Phantom for arriving in comfort and style.

McClaren P1 for speed.

Have to agree, the GTR is the most affordable, probably the same as the Tesla Model S.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Aston Martin DB11 as a happy medium.

Rolls Royce Phantom for arriving in comfort and style.

McClaren P1 for speed.

Have to agree, the GTR is the most affordable, probably the same as the Tesla Model S.

Can't see myself ever owning an electric car, I know what you mean though, they are very quick. I like engine noise, exhaust sound.

My dream car is a Mercedes SL65 AMG black series. Comes with a 6 litre twin turbo v12. Only issue is that they only brought about 10 RHD ones in the UK plus they are expensive going for around 220k. One good thing is people get the standard sl class and fit the black series body kit on it to make it look like it. The replica ones are going for 20 - 30k pounds which is a lot cheaper plus the replicas are convertibles whereas the real ones aren't. You can see how nice they look 

_20171119_220626.JPG

_20171119_220650.JPG

_20171119_220713.JPG

7 minutes ago, zain611 said:

One good thing is people get the standard sl class and fit the black series body kit on it to make it look like it. The replica ones are going for 20 - 30k pounds which is a lot cheaper plus the replicas are convertibles whereas the real ones aren't. You can see how nice they look.

I wouldn't say it's a good thing making a regular car look rare. Infact it's quite insulting to the 10 people who have the sl65. The sl65 also has a 250hp increase from the standard SL. Not to mention it has a 6L engine and twice the torque. That's why it costs so much.

9 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I wouldn't say it's a good thing making a regular car look rare. Infact it's quite insulting to the 10 people who have the sl65. The sl65 also has a 250hp increase from the standard SL. Not to mention it has a 6L engine and twice the torque. That's why it costs so much.

I really do like it. Thing is would you ever see someone with a real AMG black series. People who do the conversion mainly get the SL 500 (5 litre v8) so it has some grunt. There was a company on eBay which do the conversion and cost 15k for it using genuine Mercedes parts and do the wiring for the lights. 

I'm sure people in the car community may argue about stuff like this for example people might say why make a zetec s fiesta or focus if it looks very much like an ST. It doesn't make the ST look exclusive. Also you get rebadging. I could remove the zetec s and tdci badge on my car and put an ST badge on. Only when people come close to car will they hear it's a diesel :laugh:

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

My dream car is a Mercedes SL65 AMG black series. Comes with a 6 litre twin turbo v12. Only issue is that they only brought about 10 RHD ones in the UK plus they are expensive going for around 220k. One good thing is people get the standard sl class and fit the black series body kit on it to make it look like it. The replica ones are going for 20 - 30k pounds which is a lot cheaper plus the replicas are convertibles whereas the real ones aren't. You can see how nice they look 

_20171119_220626.JPG

_20171119_220650.JPG

_20171119_220713.JPG

Very nice car mate but super expensive, and it wouldn't beat the GT-R from a standing start with launch control, always a rolling start.

Edited by Stevesixty7
Rolling starts

I've seen some replicas. They do look nice. There's a car dealer not far from me which has a orange one which you can see just behind the first row of cars in front. It's been there for nearly a year now plus recently they have another replica for sale. 

Thought I might throw in a car I'm interested in getting next in a few years. I'm starting to like the mk5 golf 2.0 TDI GT sport. The front looks similar to a GTI plus the 2.0 litre Diesel engine is powerful with 138hp. 0-60 in 9.3 seconds and claimed 60 mpg. There are some with 168hp which reduces the 0-60 to 8.2 seconds and 58mpg which isn't that much of a loss. To compare this with my mk6.5 zetec s diesel fiesta (£30 road tax, claimed 72mpg and 0-60 in 11.2 secs) the 168hp golf is 3 seconds quicker however the mpg is lower plus it's £190 road tax (138hp is £150).

Only thing I have to see if these new diesel rules don't affect me in a few years. 

_20171120_110155.JPG

_20171120_110215.JPG

_20171120_110246.JPG

I think someone on here asked much the same question a couple of years ago but there was a £100,000 limit! 

My choice was an American 50s Ford pickup, a 65/66 Mustang AND a 70s Ranchero! You could get a half decent one of each of them for about 20 grand a piece. The rest of the 40 grand would be spent on maintenance and petrol!!! :punk:

New, fast cars do absolutely NOTHING for me! What's the point in a car that can do 185mph in a country where the speed limit is 70? 

• Like 1

I cant help but love, want need Eleanor the 1967 gt500 same colour, same everything, not the best car in the world I know but for me it ticks every box

and back to reality I go :wub:

I'd have the Lexus LC500H. Stunning to look at and to me the perfect sports car.
Sorry but I'm a hybrid convert.
Oh and the days of diesels are numbered.

2 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

I'd have the Lexus LC500H. Stunning to look at and to me the perfect sports car.
Sorry but I'm a hybrid convert.
Oh and the days of diesels are numbered.

Lol I hope not. Even though there's that diesel scrapage scheme I can't see everyone having around 6k to spend on a newer economical car. No point also getting a 2017 car made after April due to massive increase on their road tax. It's like the government is stopping people from driving. 

9 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol I hope not. Even though there's that diesel scrapage scheme I can't see everyone having around 6k to spend on a newer economical car. No point also getting a 2017 car made after April due to massive increase on their road tax. It's like the government is stopping people from driving. 

Sounds about right. The new tax system is going to be great for me though when I eventually get a Subaru. Tax will have gone from £520 a year to £140!

• Like 1

Watch the budget on Wednesday...I have a feeling there may be a diesel tax increase on older cars anyway... :sad:

Plus, what can you get for £8k new (£2k scrappage plus your £6k)?  I can get £5k for my Focus if I scrapped it at Ford...but would need £16k to get a new 1.0 EB Titanium Focus on top... :ohmy: And that's just a basic Titanium not the X, wouldn't have the extras mine does like tints, leathers, Xenon's etc...

If we're looking at economical, powerful and not too expensive used...  Try a BMW 320d efficient dynamics...  180bhp, £30 tax (currently!) and over 60mpg average...real world!  I just don't trust myself with rear wheel drive though!! :laugh:

43 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Watch the budget on Wednesday...I have a feeling there may be a diesel tax increase on older cars anyway... :sad:

Plus, what can you get for £8k new (£2k scrappage plus your £6k)?  I can get £5k for my Focus if I scrapped it at Ford...but would need £16k to get a new 1.0 EB Titanium Focus on top... :ohmy: And that's just a basic Titanium not the X, wouldn't have the extras mine does like tints, leathers, Xenon's etc...

If we're looking at economical, powerful and not too expensive used...  Try a BMW 320d efficient dynamics...  180bhp, £30 tax (currently!) and over 60mpg average...real world!  I just don't trust myself with rear wheel drive though!! :laugh:

It all comes down to price. The 180hp mk5 golf's are going for around 3k. I'm planning on keeping my fiesta for around 4 years until I build more no claims. I can't remember if they reduce insurance premiums when your 21 or 25. Till then it would have dropped to an affordable price. Still there's that diesel emissions coming into play in a few years where it will effect all diesel cars. 

Any Mclaren as a daily but a Ferrari for the weekend together with a leggy blonde [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, zain611 said:

It all comes down to price. The 180hp mk5 golf's are going for around 3k. I'm planning on keeping my fiesta for around 4 years until I build more no claims. I can't remember if they reduce insurance premiums when your 21 or 25. Till then it would have dropped to an affordable price. Still there's that diesel emissions coming into play in a few years where it will effect all diesel cars. 

The PD170 Golfs are pretty unreliable and come with DPFs as well...better off with a 140pd model and remapping it.  They still have plenty of common faults though, porous heads, EGRs and they pop more turbos than DV6s...plus if you get one with DSG that's bound to break at this age.  You can get the Beemers on a 10 plate with ~100k for about £4k atm, though I know there aren't many about.  

I'm nearly 26 now (where's the crying emoji? :sad::laugh: ), my insurance premiums dropped for the first few years but have gone up every year since 21! :ohmy:  I haven't had any accidents or points, now on 8yrs NCB.  It's a bit of a myth that they suddenly drop at certain ages, I don't know anyone who's insurance considerably dropped at those points.  

• Like 1

believe it or not, one is a Ford :laugh: 

ford_rs200.jpg?itok=vN2HRwVu

and the ONLY porsche I would own

Screen-Shot-2017-03-12-at-9.08.09-PM.png

i have three dream cars, a ford model T converted into a sleek rat/hot rod, made for British roads, would have to be full custom jobbie and id love a GTR nismo a lot of money but you get a lot of car and i would love to own a old ford pick up in top nick, not modded just a nice clean paint job and mechanically sound. 

7 hours ago, Nath87 said:

Rs200 👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 1

I would like some kind of Tesla. The specs are good, and I like gadgets. Unfortunately in my car park, there is nowhere to park that would facilitate charging.

That, or a Focus RS. Just as long as i'm not paying for either. Totally impractical.

11 hours ago, Nath87 said:

Ah the RS200 that was banned from rallying for being too fast lol. Cool car.

• Like 1

On 21 November 2017 at 11:37 PM, Stevesixty7 said:
On 21 November 2017 at 12:18 PM, Nath87 said:

Ah the RS200 that was banned from rallying for being too fast lol. Cool car.

It wasn't banned for being too fast, the whole group B catagory was banned due to the amount of fatal accidents, one involving an RS200, speeds and the crowds were getting out of hand. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club