Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Tool boxes

Luke4efc

So I've got sick of all my tools being scattered around the garage and I need to get myself a decent tool box. I've looked at the Halfords industrial 3 stack, but it doesn't look big enough for my needs. I think a double stack 42" box should suffice. Been looking at this one from US Pro Tools, but not sure of the quality, and £680 seems a bit steep.

81lskbrGFoL._SL1500_.jpg

18 hours ago, Stevesixty7 said:

Have a look at Screwfix mate. Just a suggestion.

Had a look at screwfix and there doesn't seem to be anything big enough.

2 hours ago, eddie eastwood said:

Or Machine Mart

Yeah I've seen those,have you had any experience with the Clarke HD Plus range?

If you're any good with timber, maybe an excuse to make your own? Can be any size/shape you want with any combination of drawers/cupboards, and overengineer to your hearts content.

On 20/11/2017 at 5:22 PM, Micro said:

If you're any good with timber, maybe an excuse to make your own? Can be any size/shape you want with any combination of drawers/cupboards, and overengineer to your hearts content.

I have a few makeshift shelves and cabinets lying around, but they just don't feel worthy enough. I can weld, but by the time I've bought all of the square box tubing, sheet metal, paint and ball bearing rails, it would have been just as cheap and a hell of a lot easier to buy the one I pictured above. Needs to be mobile enough to wheel around the garage and have drawer slides capable of holding up 20kg or so of tools without having to drag it out. 

I went from 2 Halfords 'industrial' series ones to a Clarke 56" effort. It stands about 6ft tall with the wheels on lol. Still, I could do with more space tbh lol

20 hours ago, stef123 said:

I went from 2 halfords 'industrial' series ones to a Clarke 56" effort. It stands about 6ft tall with the wheels on lol. Still, I could do with more space tbh lol

Yeah I've heard the Halfords ones are supposed to be ok for the money, but like you've done, they're just not big enough really. Never enough room for tools!

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Yeah I've heard the Halfords ones are supposed to be ok for the money, but like you've done, they're just not big enough really. Never enough room for tools!

Yeah quality wise you won't get better for the money - speaking on my experience of the black industrial range anyway. That said they have lost some of the quality they had 10 years ago, although they have come down in price to reflect that I guess. 

this is what I have now. It's rammed but as always you end up with stacks of tools in boxes/kits that will never fit in a toolbox lol 

clarke.jpg