• Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

Johnbb

Fiesta Mk6 blowing hot air only

Trying to fault my sons 2008 plate Mk6 1.25 Fiesta from 200 miles away. The heater when switched on blows hot air only irrelevant to what blower or heat setting you are on. Switching on the A/C makes no difference whatsoever. Seems to me that no outside/cold air is being allowed into the system. Any ideas please?

The temp adjustment cable has either fallen off the knob/heater flap or broken.  Will need to remove the dash fascia to have a look.

My other half’s 2007 Ford ka had exact same problem, turned out to be the heater control valve, it’s located between the scuttle panel and engine bay, bit of a pain to get to but once replaced it fixed the issue, not sure if the fiesta mk6.5 has same type of valve but definitely worth checking

On each side of the dashboard you have two cables, one controls the heater knob, one controls the position of the airflow. You have to get where the driver, passager feet are to see under the dashboard. Those cables can pop off easily.. see if they need reattached. Also remove the AC control unit and see that those cables have the top attached to the knob mechanism. I hope it's an easy fix. Good luck!