Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 mondeo start/stop problems

mattiep

hi what  size battery did  you fit  I wanted the 110  looks like have to have 96  /  100   you can not get the one they   said would fit   I have a large cable on the end of battery seat    175 h 175 w  285 long  is the size  I can get in  

• 1 month later...

I have a 2016 Ford mondeo 2.0tdci titanium X 150BHP, The start stop never worked since we got it last week, about 130k km on it, and i refuelled the car full tank and start stop didnt work, it was about 12°C outside, seatbelt on etc. On the dashboard it shows the start stop logo silver colour with an arrow going through it. I read the manual and it said this option is not existing. So like it never came with the car. 

What do you think the problem might be? car starts up kinda rough, but not to bad. 

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

ive got a mk4 2014 mondeo business edition think it’s the 1.6 litre eco boost.

s/s has been working inconsistency since I’ve had it.

one morning it failed to start with just one click and a low battery on the dash, after a new start & stop battery. It seemed fine until the same happened again. One click and nothing. It doesn’t work jump leads but will start when bump started. Does anyone have any ideas it’s been garage a couple of times and they can’t find a fault. Maybe a sensor on the s/s?

as when it’s running if the s/s engages its completely knocked the whole car out when trying to restart. Shouldn’t be happening on a 6 year old car.

thanks 

liam  

Experience with Ford Stop/Start is:

1. When the Temperature reaches 0 (Zero) DegC then Stop/Start is de-activated. When the car is started in the morning, initially it will tend to remember the prior Temperature when you switched off the engine until the sensors are updated.

2. If the 12V car battery is not able to charge consistently, the Stop/Start will be disabled. You will still be able to start the car because the nifty device to allow the Ford to start with a Dead battery still holds enough charge to do so. But the battery will be taking a lot of charge to keep it topped up if the battery is old and failing to hold charge. 

Overall, a new 12V Ceramic type Car battery usually resolved the Stop/Start problems when the ECU learns re-charging and the battery load is being held.

• 3 months later...

Hi I have a focus and I have had it in the workshop three times they update software charge battery and start stop works for a few months need to go back to dealership again sick of it  

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem with my mk5 2.0diesel 65 plate, all I had to do is reset my battery monitor sensor and everything is good to go. All you have to do is, turn you ignition on without pressing the clutch pedal, wait 10 secs, flash you high beams 5 times and then press your brake pedal 3 times, and then you battery light on the dash should flash 3 times. This has done it for mine. Hope it helps

11 hours ago, Safonso64 said:

I had the same problem with my mk5 2.0diesel 65 plate, all I had to do is reset my battery monitor sensor and everything is good to go. All you have to do is, turn you ignition on without pressing the clutch pedal, wait 10 secs, flash you high beams 5 times and then press your brake pedal 3 times, and then you battery light on the dash should flash 3 times. This has done it for mine. Hope it helps

What other impact did this have on the car?