Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need help fitting LED Halo rings on ford fiesta mk7!

Branchinho

What are those LED's for? And yeah got mine today too and again there is a gap... it appears they need to be stuck on actual fog light bulb... at least for me so have messaged them to check because if in future I need to swap bulb will be a rear pain!! Why is nothing ever simple :(

1511807528503347655135.jpg

1 hour ago, Branchinho said:

What are those LED's for? And yeah got mine today too and again there is a gap... it appears they need to be stuck on actual fog light bulb... at least for me so have messaged them to check because if in future I need to swap bulb will be a rear pain!! Why is nothing ever simple :(

1511807528503347655135.jpg

I'm comfused :wacko: didn't you already have them hence why you made this topic? The other bulbs are for my uncles car. It's for his interior and sun visor lights. Hopefully the wires are long. Remember they just get wired to the headlight wiring loom which is above the fog lights. I'm just wondering but the sticky side has that wire protruding out the halo and I'm just wondering will it stick evenly around the fog light lens unless you cut that bit of the sticky tape below that wire. 

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I'm comfused :wacko: didn't you already have them hence why you made this topic? The other bulbs are for my uncles car. It's for his interior and sun visor lights. Hopefully the wires are long. Remember they just get wired to the headlight wiring loom which is above the fog lights. I'm just wondering but the sticky side has that wire protruding out the halo and I'm just wondering will it stick evenly around the fog light lens unless you cut that bit of the sticky tape below that wire. 

I was debating weather to get them haha then decided too when they were reduced! And yeah was thinking that too will have to wait and see what they say to me...

• Like 1

Hopefully will look nice when installed. Another thing I was wondering is I hope it doesn't impair the fog lights as it would be stuck in front of the lens. I'm thinking of getting autobeams LED h11 fog lights. Sadly they went out of stock but they did say hopefully in 3 to 4 weeks it'll be back. They also said there updating it so hopefully it'll be better. 

Here's two pictures of the video they sent me of the halo lights 

Screenshot_20171128-185238.png

Screenshot_20171128-185255.png

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Here's two pictures of the video they sent me of the halo lights 

Screenshot_20171128-185238.png

Screenshot_20171128-185255.png

That does look good 👀👀👀👀

From looking at it you can't really see a gap between the halo rings and surround. Did you measure the gap on yours? My fog lights have a diameter of around 65mm so there will be a 5mm gap which is 0.5cm.

Yes there is a gap between mine too but guessing it will look snug when stuck on...

• Like 1

Yeah hopefully 👍. When I instal the lights I think it would look best to run the wire which starts from the halo to go over the fog surround at a 12 o'clock position as hopefully you won't see the wire if you were just standing up and looking down at it. Don't know when I'll have the time to fit it in. My dad's friend's car is in the garage with the gearbox out so don't know when the garage will be free

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Yeah hopefully 👍. When I instal the lights I think it would look best to run the wire which starts from the halo to go over the fog surround at a 12 o'clock position as hopefully you won't see the wire if you were just standing up and looking down at it. Don't know when I'll have the time to fit it in. My dad's friend's car is in the garage with the gearbox out so don't know when the garage will be free

Yeah I think that' what they recommnd!12 o clock position! I'l post pics when I do mine... not sure when that will be though haha! Not brave enough!

• Like 1

Looking to purchase these, can't wait to see the pics! :yahoo:

• Like 2

On 02/12/2017 at 10:53 PM, Steph&Howie said:

Looking to purchase these, can't wait to see the pics! :yahoo:

I'd say mid December will be when I will install these. That would be if I finish the other jobs on the car. 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2017 at 7:22 PM, Branchinho said:

Yeah I think that' what they recommnd!12 o clock position! I'l post pics when I do mine... not sure when that will be though haha! Not brave enough!

Any updates on installation? This is my last week then I'm off for 3 weeks so hopefully this weekend or next week the car will be in the garage. Mostly the mechanicals will be sorted out first before installing these lights. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2017 at 3:29 PM, zain611 said:

Ive recently got a new job so still sitting in the box at the moment 😣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Branchinho said:
On 29/11/2017 at 3:29 PM, zain611 said:

Ive recently got a new job so still sitting in the box at the moment 😣

Ah okay, lol I thought I said that as you typed in the quote box. Hopefully in a few days the car will be in the garage. I'm planning on getting the injectors sent to get reconditioned and the company that do them said they'll be open again on the 27th. Whilst they are sent off my dad most likely will check the mechanicals first before doing anything mods like this. Will definitely send pictures on this post when it's done. It's just if the car goes in the garage in a few days would it be around I'd say a week after we might install them 👍

Does anyone know if the fog light lens on the mk7 is the same size as the 7.5? Also I noticed on autobeam website that there a choice of either 60mm or 70mm halo rings, does anyone know if the 70mm would fit to avoid having a gap between the edge of the halos and the fog bezel?

13 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Does anyone know if the fog light lens on the mk7 is the same size as the 7.5? Also I noticed on autobeam website that there a choice of either 60mm or 70mm halo rings, does anyone know if the 70mm would fit to avoid having a gap between the edge of the halos and the fog bezel?

It must have the same dimensions between the mk7 and facelift. You can ask autobeam to make sure as they helped me choose the right size for my car. The mk7 would have the 70mm halos. I think you will have a small gap however I think you wouldn't even notice it when it's installed. On my mk6.5 fiesta there is a 0.5cm gap between the halo and the fog surround and honestly I don't think you'll notice that at a distance. There was one guy on YouTube who installed their ambient rings 2 kit on his mk7 fiesta. I messaged him a few questions including the gap and he said he doesn't notice it so I don't think we should worry. Also he has a mk7.5 fiesta so this proves they can fit. 

It must have the same dimensions between the mk7 and facelift. You can ask autobeam to make sure as they helped me choose the right size for my car. The mk7 would have the 70mm halos. I think you will have a small gap however I think you wouldn't even notice it when it's installed. On my mk6.5 fiesta there is a 0.5cm gap between the halo and the fog surround and honestly I don't think you'll notice that at a distance. There was one guy on YouTube who installed their ambient rings 2 kit on his mk7 fiesta. I messaged him a few questions including the gap and he said he doesn't notice it so I don't think we should worry. Also he has a mk7.5 fiesta so this proves they can fit. 

Cheers zain, I think I’m going to order the standard LED indicator ring although hopefully going to wire it in as DRL’s I don’t suppose you would know if it’s possible to wire it in using a DRL relay kit, like this one....... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142073504615
Because as I’m sure you know the pre facelift never came with DRL capability.

1 hour ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Cheers zain, I think I’m going to order the standard LED indicator ring although hopefully going to wire it in as DRL’s I don’t suppose you would know if it’s possible to wire it in using a DRL relay kit, like this one....... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142073504615
Because as I’m sure you know the pre facelift never came with DRL capability.

I'm not too sure. Not really into my wiring however I did ask them this a few weeks ago when I was deciding on getting the halos. These indicator halos are wired to the sidelights and indicators so I was thinking it would look nice when you have you main lights on and they are on aswell. 

Screenshot_20171226-115627.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2017 at 11:34 AM, Fiesta1.25 said:

Ignore last post as I couldn't remove the quote box and video. I've begun fitting the halos. Just going to leave them overnight so the glue properly sets. One problem is the wire which comes out the halo pushes the tape out a little which doesn't make the tape stick all round the surface. My dad cut the tape below the wire and removed a little of the heat shield wire to help. Also forgot to say but I tested the lights using a battery and they are both nice, crisp and bright. I'm really impressed also that if you have the white light on and the Amber comes on when you indicate it goes amber and off not amber, white amber which would of looked odd. 

DSC_0149.JPG

Is it just me or do you not think the rings would look better if they were a bit bigger, so that they are closer to the edge of the foglight, looks like you will probably lose any use out of the front fog lights...... what diameter did you go for?

On 09/01/2018 at 4:39 AM, Fiesta1.25 said:

Is it just me or do you not think the rings would look better if they were a bit bigger, so that they are closer to the edge of the foglight, looks like you will probably lose any use out of the front fog lights...... what diameter did you go for?

Remember the fog surround isn't on. Yeah lol it actually does look odd but when the surround is put on it covers a bit of the fog lens as well. I am curious to see how the fog lights would look when they are on behind the halos. I am planning on getting the premium h11 LED fog lights from autobeam but want to see if the light isn't obstructed too much from the halos. When I was sticking the rings on I had the surround on also just to make sure there's an even gap between the halo and surround. 

My dad put silicone sealent under the halos as some bits aren't able to stick flat down on the lens due to that wire pushing the halo up. Gonna see when I'll have time to wire them in. 

Remember the fog surround isn't on. Yeah lol it actually does look odd but when the surround is put on it covers a bit of the fog lens as well. I am curious to see how the fog lights would look when they are on behind the halos. I am planning on getting the premium h11 LED fog lights from autobeam but want to see if the light isn't obstructed too much from the halos. When I was sticking the rings on I had the surround on also just to make sure there's an even gap between the halo and surround. 
My dad put silicone sealent under the halos as some bits aren't able to stick flat down on the lens due to that wire pushing the halo up. Gonna see when I'll have time to wire them in. 

Aah of course the surround will make it look a lot less odd, could you upload a pic of the halo with the surround in place? Have you decided how you’re wiring them in? Just to your side lights or to your ignition and use as DRL’s?

1 hour ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Aah of course the surround will make it look a lot less odd, could you upload a pic of the halo with the surround in place? Have you decided how you’re wiring them in? Just to your side lights or to your ignition and use as DRL’s?

I don't think I'll be able to show a pic until they are wired in and placed in. The fog surrounds are on the car at the moment. Might see though. When I was sticking them on with the surround on you couldn't see the wire which was good. I'm gonna wire it to the sidelights. There are bright I have to say and can be suited as DRL’s 

_20180111_202521.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club