Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.0Eco Engine running on

Johnbb

My problem has now been sorted and I have had no recurrence in 10k miles. However, I wondered if anyone else has had the same problem.

My 2015 Focus engine continued running even though the ignition key had been removed and the rev counter was showing zero. Ford dealer didn't believe me until I gave him a copy of the AA fault report. Print out showed System: Engine Control-ZDE /Motronic MED17.0.1 U2PO25A-Fuel Pump Control Unit-Malfunction P06E4-Unknown Fault. Error message Malfunction U0109.

The problem, I was told, was water ingress into a section of the wiring harness from the washer bottle/pump. A new section of wiring harness was inserted and a modification made to the washer/ bottle/pump though the dealer couldn't specify what.  

Any thoughts?

Probably just a manufacturing defect.

Water ingress to electronics can cause the modern cars to go haywire.

I had an issue on a previous car where it would lock and unlock itself, get windows stuck etc.

Was found to just be the cable cover between the rear door and b pillar had not been fitted properly and was letting water in to the connectors sending the car's modules nuts.