Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2015, no clutch.

Johnbb

Depressed the clutch and it went straight to the floor. As I was in rush hour traffic, close to the dealer I bought it from and still covered by the Ford Direct scheme, I had it recovered back to the dealership.

A phone call from the dealer the following morning said they had ordered a new master cylinder and would let me know when it was in.

A phone call the day after told me my car was ready for collection. It wasn't the master cylinder but a push fit pipe onto the master cylinder had "dropped off" due to a (plastic ?)securing clip breaking.

Has anyone else had or heard about this happening? Car has done 28K miles.

I've not had this issue but my clutch makes an almighty squeal when pulling away! Ford can't seem to recreate it though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

I've not had this issue but my clutch makes an almighty squeal when pulling away! Ford can't seem to recreate it though.

They're Famous for that you know :ph34r:

:wink:

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, james_60 said:

They're Famous for that you know :ph34r:

:wink:

Jamie

On the MK3.5 in general?

1 minute ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

On the MK3.5 in general?

For being unable to recreate a noise or rattle or anything that might mean they have to pay out on the warranty ;)

On a serious note. has the car been through water or perhaps an oil leak from the box or crankshaft oil seal ?

Jamie

• Like 1

Just now, james_60 said:

For being unable to recreate a noise or rattle or anything that might mean they have to pay out on the warranty ;)

On a serious note. has the car been through water or perhaps an oil leak from the box or crankshaft oil seal ?

Jamie

It only seems to be once the car is warm that it happens but its been serviced recently and there isn't any reported oil leak, and i've not been through any big puddles.

Does it occur when pushing down on the pedal or upon taking up the clutch after changing gear.

has it had its first brake fluid change. was it fine before that ?

Jamie

13 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

On the MK3.5 in general?

Nope, just for playing dumb on anything that might cost THEM more than 50p to fix!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

What engine?

My 1.5 ecoboost had clutch whoop when hot and I only had it for the first 12 months of it's life.

My mum's 1.0 used to do it when hot too.

Usually worse after pulling away just after a long period of driving. My 1.5 did it on the way up to Ford Fair, when I stopped at some lights half way there.

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

What engine?

My 1.5 ecoboost had clutch whoop when hot and I only had it for the first 12 months of it's life.

My mum's 1.0 used to do it when hot too.

Usually worse after pulling away just after a long period of driving. My 1.5 did it on the way up to Ford Fair, when I stopped at some lights half way there.

1.5 TDCi. Its like a metal grinding squeal!

Dual Mass Flywheel / bad clutch springs ? is it not releasing/clamping squarely

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club