Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thermostat opening temp duratec petrol engine

jimjamyaha

Hi All,

Quick question that I've failed to find the information on a search of the forums or on the internet:

What temperature does the official Ford thermostat rated to open on a 2.0l Petrol Duratec HE engine 145ps.  Other third-party versions seems to be anything from 80C to 92C - confusing!

Part number 1476110
Focus MK2 1.8/2.0 Petrol Thermostat & Housing

Fits 1.8 Duratec (125PS) Petrol Engine
Fits 2.0 Duratec (145PS) Petrol Engine
Fits From: 29-03-2004 To: 15-01-2008

Thanks.

What the problem with the engine temperature?  My 1.8 petrol warms up very quickly in the morning.

48 minutes ago, JONATHAN_11_80 said:

What the problem with the engine temperature?  My 1.8 petrol warms up very quickly in the morning.

My wife's MK2.5 1.8 petrol also warms up pretty quickly, curious to know what the problem is that the Op is experiencing.

Hi peeps, so the issue is that mine is stuck open and def needs replacing. However looking at the third party options the opening temps range between 80-98C... So wanting to know what the official ford version opens at, as assume the ECU will be programmed for a certain temp along with the matched radiator fan on temp. (Otherwise would get some confusing behaviour).

I'm with Tom on 89c I wouldn't go for 98, you'll be above operating temp before the rad opens.  80 and youll just be taking longer to warm up in the morning

• Like 2